Traverse Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up my new 2019 Traverse Premiere. Disappointed to find out that headlights are HID, but fog lights are halogen. Looked up bulb number on Phillips auto bulb finder, and they are showing a PSX24W bulb. I see plenty of them on the web, but when I click on "will this work on my car" most do not. Two questions. 1) Has anyone updated their halogen fogs to LED, and if so what brand did you use. 2) What other bulbs on the vehicle are halogen and need updating? You would think in 2019 that EVERY bulb would be LED.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Do a search...previous posts on this and G.frog post has photos of install.

Premier headlights are not HID like LT and below, LZs use "D" lens LEDs.

PSX24W series replacements will fit. This set installed almost a year ago was a exact fit:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074J8JMDS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Be careful what you try to retrofit with LEDs.....the fog lights work fine because they are an isolated on/off circuit. Problems can arise if you try to retrofit multifunction bulbs on the approach lighting circuit such as front directional and reverse lamps. Problem was uncovered in early Acadias that mistakenly used LEDs for reverse lamps, If resistances are not exactly matched the lamps will turn off but the controlling circuitry will not go to sleep and you can end up with a dead battery.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I've used Lasfit before. Found them to be high quality. I used lights first time last night. Halogen fogs aren't bad...just look different with LED headlights. Wanted to clean up the look a Little.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks! I've used Lasfit before. Found them to be high quality. I used lights first time last night. Halogen fogs aren't bad...just look different with LED headlights. Wanted to clean up the look a Little.
Question: do you have seen then flicker when going out of auto start? Because I had purchase some LED lights (forgot what brand) and going out of autostart they flicker.

Just wondering if with Lasfit brand you have that problem?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Question: do you have seen then flicker when going out of auto start? Because I had purchase some LED lights (forgot what brand) and going out of autostart they flicker.

Just wondering if with Lasfit brand you have that problem?

Thanks

Haven't used auto start in months (L9 on initial start) but do not remember that happening with my fan-less Lasfits when it was active..

Guess - Flicker might be voltage draw specific, maybe brands with certain resistance or power requirements with cooling fans, more sensitive to the switching from the constant voltage DC-DC inverter on autostop back to direct battery power with current draw from the starter on autostart. Likely an annoying quirk and nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Question: do you have seen then flicker when going out of auto start?
Thanks
Mine does not flicker.

They have been installed for about 15 months now and still work great. They are particularly useful on dark on wet nights when driving in the rain. They do an awesome job.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Haven't used auto start in months (L9 on initial start) but do not remember that happening with my fan-less Lasfits when it was active..

Guess - Flicker might be voltage draw specific, maybe brands with certain resistance or power requirements with cooling fans, more sensitive to the switching from the constant voltage DC-DC inverter on autostop back to direct battery power with current draw from the starter on autostart. Likely an annoying quirk and nothing to worry about.
What do you mean L9 on initial start?

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
What do you mean L9 on initial start?

Plenty of info on posts in the forum.

Essentially start the vehicle, shift to L instead of D and press the (+) on the shift lever 8 times to "L9" and vehicle will operate fully automatic for the whole drive cycle as normal just like in "D", up and down through all 9 gears with the same downshift functions but start/stop will be deactivated.

No chance of damage to the tranny or change in performance.

Reactions: mswebraven

·
Registered
52 Posts
I too want to replace the OEM fog light bulbs to match the "whiter" LED headlights on my 2019 Traverse. The above posts are certainly helpful, but I did notice one thing while researching this topic. Philips bulb chart says the fog lights are PSX24W while Sylvania lists the fog light bulbs as a 2504. Anyone know if these are the same bulb or interchangeable?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
I too want to replace the OEM fog light bulbs to match the "whiter" LED headlights on my 2019 Traverse. The above posts are certainly helpful, but I did notice one thing while researching this topic. Philips bulb chart says the fog lights are PSX24W while Sylvania lists the fog light bulbs as a 2504. Anyone know if these are the same bulb or interchangeable?

Thanks.

No .......PSX24W or 5202 are correct

5202/PSX24W/5200/5201/9009 CREE LED Chips Fanless LED Fog Light Bulbs 6000LM 6000K Xenon White Fog Light(1 Pair)

These work, just reverse the connector:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074J8JMDS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Reactions: Ed999

·
Registered
2 Posts
I got these from Amazon for $21.95 and they work great. Color matches the factory LED headlights on my High Country and the light output is perfect for fog lights. Been in for 9 months and I have them on anytime the headlights are on. No flickers, no warning light, no battery run down, works great.

Roll over image to zoom in

AUXITO 2504 LED Fog Light Bulb PSX24W LED Bulbs 2600 Lumens for Fog Lights or DRL, 6000K Cool White (Pack of 2)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Access through the wheel well, for left side, turn wheel top the right, you will see the star screws, removal is easy, once you can get your hands in there, it is a tight space, a little shop light is helpful and the lack of space makes it s bit of a challenge but be patient and careful and the old pops out, disconnect the harness. I had to shave one of the notches off on one side of the bulb to allow it to fit in, no sweat easy peasy, they snap right in plug n play. total switch out time 15 minutes.
ebay order if this helps.
SOLD BY auxito_light package picture for reference and I am sure there are others out there. this will get you started. When you take out the old bulb you will see the notches I speak of.
(1 item)

2X AUXITO H16 5202 Fog Light 6000K White High Power LED Driving Bulb DRL US EOA
( 302916647677 )

Add note

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Good info here. Just purchased a 2020 LT1 and was wanting info on upgrading the fog lamps. Appreciate the side info on the auto stop feature. It seems so random when the vehicle wants to auto stop. This vehicle with the 9 speed tranny is much more fuel efficient than my 17 Traverse.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts