Traverse Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a Halogen fog light replacement and have seen a few listed here in the forum but the ones in the write ups are not available at this time. Looking for recommendations for LED replacements for my 2019 Premier with LED headlights. I would like fog lights to match the color output of the LED headlights.

Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
283 Posts
What do you mean "turn off after every engine cycle"?
Every time you turn the headlights on or they come on automatically after starting the engine you have to manually turn on the fog lights... they don't have a permanent "on" selection like our Pilot, Sonata or many other vehicles we've owned. I agree, it is annoying. I think more people would rather leave them on all the time then the few people who would complain about that on the rare occasions they use them.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Every time you turn the headlights on or they come on automatically after starting the engine you have to manually turn on the fog lights... they don't have a permanent "on" selection like our Pilot, Sonata or many other vehicles we've owned. I agree, it is annoying. I think more people would rather leave them on all the time then the few people who would complain about that on the rare occasions they use them.
X2. My wife doesn't even know they exist!!

·
Registered
131 Posts
When you turn the fog lights on it automatically disables the auto high beam feature. I find the auto high beam is quite useful on late night drives on a twisty two lane. It’s not much of an inconvenience to reach down with my left hand and push a small button. About the same effort as reaching with my right hand and put the car in drive.

·
Registered
283 Posts
When you turn the fog lights on it automatically disables the auto high beam feature. I find the auto high beam is quite useful on late night drives on a twisty two lane. It’s not much of an inconvenience to reach down with my left hand and push a small button. About the same effort as reaching with my right hand and put the car in drive.
I just don't understand how the design team can make that kind of decision... "nobody will ever use fog lights in non-foggy conditions so disable the auto-high beams so people aren't blinded when it's foggy out". Basically the design caters to the few rather than the many.

****, even Toyota has it right! The Corolla rental I had would let the fogs be on and auto high beam still function.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I got my Lasfit Fog Lights and put them in last night. Followed the instructions from this site and what an amazing difference. The pics above show the difference but...to see the difference for yourself after you change the ol yellowers, it's amazing.

Great choice of fog lights.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Well I got my Lasfit Fog Lights and put them in last night. Followed the instructions from this site and what an amazing difference. The pics above show the difference but...to see the difference for yourself after you change the ol yellowers, it's amazing.

Great choice of fog lights.
Do you have a link to what you bought?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I wonder what year they changed the bulb type on the Traverses. I looked up the links in the thread to see about upgrading the wife's 2020 and none of them are listed as fitting. I just drove her car for the first time at night the other day and I couldn't tell any real difference between fog lights on or off. She had the HID headlights so the output on them pretty much dilutes the regular incandescent bulbs in the fog lights.

·
Registered
220 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
I wonder what year they changed the bulb type on the Traverses. I looked up the links in the thread to see about upgrading the wife's 2020 and none of them are listed as fitting. I just drove her car for the first time at night the other day and I couldn't tell any real difference between fog lights on or off. She had the HID headlights so the output on them pretty much dilutes the regular incandescent bulbs in the fog lights.
Even if you replaced the bulb I doubt you'd see much of a difference with them on. They really aren't meant to provide a lot of usable light in front of the vehicle, just a low and wide swath of light maybe 20-30' in front of the vehicle. Low beam driving lights should make the fog lights unnoticeable except right next to the vehicle where the width of a fog light takes over.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Here's what I posted in a different post...but still the same.

Fog Light: Lasfit 5202 PSX24W 5200 5201 9009 LED Fog Light bulb Kits-Flip COB Chips-60W 7600LM 6000K (pack of 2) $31.99
Front Blinkers: Lasfit 7440 W21W WY21W LED Turn Signal (see below)

I researched several LED makers and found Lasfit 7440 bulbs with CANBUS Anti-Hyper Flash. No load resistor needed (built in resistors), Amber with 1 filament and 1 connector per side. Upgraded intelligent temperature controlled version.

So far after a day, no battery drain, works with flashers, awesome color for blinkers and throughout the night I checked the garage for any residual light in the dark and nothing. Seems to be a perfect replacement for the OEM bulbs.

The ONLY difference....when the blinker is activated, the DRL LED DOES NOT GO OFF...it remains ON... Again, no issues yet, all lights and electronic functions are operating.

If anything changes I will post but for now, so far...ok.

I got mine for $44.00 https://www.lasfit.com/collections/7...bus-error-free

Same place I got my Fog Lights for $31.00

Total cost for both, $76.98 to the door.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
BTW, no change in exterior/interior light behavior so far...knock on wood. I will update if anything changes.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Here's what I posted in a different post...but still the same.

Fog Light: Lasfit 5202 PSX24W 5200 5201 9009 LED Fog Light bulb Kits-Flip COB Chips-60W 7600LM 6000K (pack of 2) $31.99
Front Blinkers: Lasfit 7440 W21W WY21W LED Turn Signal (see below)

I researched several LED makers and found Lasfit 7440 bulbs with CANBUS Anti-Hyper Flash. No load resistor needed (built in resistors), Amber with 1 filament and 1 connector per side. Upgraded intelligent temperature controlled version.

So far after a day, no battery drain, works with flashers, awesome color for blinkers and throughout the night I checked the garage for any residual light in the dark and nothing. Seems to be a perfect replacement for the OEM bulbs.

The ONLY difference....when the blinker is activated, the DRL LED DOES NOT GO OFF...it remains ON... Again, no issues yet, all lights and electronic functions are operating.

If anything changes I will post but for now, so far...ok.

I got mine for $44.00 https://www.lasfit.com/collections/7...bus-error-free

Same place I got my Fog Lights for $31.00

Total cost for both, $76.98 to the door.
I would prefer for the DRL not to go off, so that would be an unexpected benefit to me. I just see the constant cycling as another thing to break, and LED strips like that are generally not replaceable you would have to replace the entire fixture.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm with you, I prefer the DRl LEDs stay on during the blinker cycle too. IMO, it looks much more high end...

Day 3 and no issues with the new Lasfit loaded resister LED turn signals. Just a reminder, these are not switchbacks. Single filament. Very easy to replace. Open the hood and look for the 2 wired wrapped light wires to the bulb, using your hand, turn and pull out. Make sure you test for correct continuity, bulb lights up, and slide it back in and turn, done.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts