Traverse Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do the traverses have fogs? we just got a 2010 2lt and was wondering how to turn them on?(if we have them)

·
Registered
38 Posts
i think the ltz have them. look on the headlight knob at the bottom it should show a pic of the fogs. look in the manual it will tell you all about it.

A

·
0 Posts
JJNTJ2003 said:
i think the ltz have them. look on the headlight knob at the bottom it should show a pic of the fogs. look in the manual it will tell you all about it.
+1

I think the LTZ was the only trim level to have the fog lamps, but I own an Acadia so.......... Best way to know is take a look at the front of the vehicle :thumb:

·
Registered
248 Posts
:( None of them came with fog lamps including the LTZ

8) Steve

·
Registered
272 Posts
They have the fog lamp icon on the gauge cluster in the speedo part. I wonder why we never got them.

·
Registered
11,417 Posts
Traverse= no fog lamp. up to now.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the replys, i was just wondering

·
Registered
24 Posts
Has anyone researched the possibilty of adding Acadia or Enclave foglights to a Traverse? I ordered a 2011 LTZ last week and am disappointed that it will not have fogs.

·
Registered
551 Posts
nbat said:
The way they are cutting things every year the headlights may be next!
:happy: So true

·
Registered
312 Posts
Given that all the Lambdas are now built in the same plant, it isn't as if they are lacking specific parts they are deleting from Traverse. Things used for the Buick and GMC should at least be optionally available for the "stepchild" Lambda, the Traverse.

August sales figures will be out later today. I'm betting August was a good month for Traverse. If I was GM I would seriously question the decision makers responsible for de-equipping the workhorse of the breed. At the very least, deleted features could should remain in the stable if only as optional extras.

It begs the further question of why even have them on there in the first place if the plan is to delete them. All in all, I'm happy to have an 09 because of things like the power moonroof which was a delete on later models. But, I would like to have a USB port.

·
Registered
67 Posts
This is the kind of thing that drives people away. I see $20,000.00 Kias with red and white warning lights on the front doors when there open but not on my $42,000.00 Traverse. Every other crossover/suv I see has some protection to keep the top of the back bumper from getting scratched up. Not my $42,000.00 Traverse. Isn't there some saying "penny and pound foolish"??????????

·
Registered
551 Posts
nbat said:
This is the kind of thing that drives people away. I see $20,000.00 Kias with red and white warning lights on the front doors when there open but not on my $42,000.00 Traverse. Every other crossover/suv I see has some protection to keep the top of the back bumper from getting scratched up. Not my $42,000.00 Traverse. Isn't there some saying "penny and pound foolish"??????????
"Penny-wise, pound-foolish", and not sure that fits in to what you are saying. That basically means you are smart or cheap with small amounts of money but you have no issues spending large amounts of money.

While I agree, for the money my LTZ should have more features, and it is a shame GM keeps taking features away. NO way in **** I would ever drive a Kia!

·
Registered
193 Posts
So the light cluster that's below the headlights (exactly where the fog lamps are on other Lamdas) are NOT fog lights? What's the point of having a lower light cluster like that? Weird. Luckily, there are plenty of aftermarket options (according to my quick Google search). I wonder how easy it would be to add a switch for them (and where it would go)?

·
Registered
11,417 Posts
that big lamp down there-- are the turn signals/parking lamps.

No fog lamps for the Traverse.

Not sure what fog lamps youre talking about--- Not sure where youd put them.
You have links for the ones you saw?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm new here, just joined tonight. I was wondering about fog lamps, I saw in the owners manual where we have a fog light relay in one of the fuse blocks. Or at least a space for one. Must me a standard block for all vehicles built on this platform.

A

·
0 Posts
rail jockey said:
I'm new here, just joined tonight. I was wondering about fog lamps, I saw in the owners manual where we have a fog light relay in one of the fuse blocks. Or at least a space for one. Must me a standard block for all vehicles built on this platform.
The fuse block in the engine area? I would expect GM to use the same fuse block for all vehicles on the Lambda platform

·
Registered
193 Posts
rbarrios said:
You have links for the ones you saw?
It was just a quick search. I'm honestly not sure where these would go either, although it seems like the lower light/signal cluster could be redesigned to include fog lamps... These say they are for 2009-10 Traverse "direct fit" but not sure what that means.
http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/details/QQChevroletQQTraverseQQVision_XQQFog_LightQQ20092010QQVSXVX-F55.html?apwcid=P1135867996W43b3f85c7ab9e&gan=1&apwidjQ3vpHM#reviews

There are also some listed on ebay as "fog lights" but they look an awful lot like the regular light cluster. Hmmmm...

A

·
0 Posts
Matno said:
It was just a quick search. I'm honestly not sure where these would go either, although it seems like the lower light/signal cluster could be redesigned to include fog lamps... These say they are for 2009-10 Traverse "direct fit" but not sure what that means.
http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/details/QQChevroletQQTraverseQQVision_XQQFog_LightQQ20092010QQVSXVX-F55.html?apwcid=P1135867996W43b3f85c7ab9e&gan=1&apwidjQ3vpHM#reviews

There are also some listed on ebay as "fog lights" but they look an awful lot like the regular light cluster. Hmmmm...
Not sure where you would install those for a direct fit ???

·
Registered
11,417 Posts
AA/78U said:
Not sure where you would install those for a direct fit ???

thats what I said....

1 - 20 of 30 Posts