Traverse Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious as to how many people have this problem. I have it on my LTZ and my buddy has it on his Acadia.

If you crack open one window the whole cabin starts to have a rapid pressure change kind of like a fluttering. It can happen at low or high speed and wind doesn't appear to make a difference. Both of our vehicles have sunroofs. If you put your hand against the sunroof you will notice that it is what is causing the rapid pressure change. If you open another window in the car the symptoms go away.

I've inspected the sunroof and noticed that while closed if I press toward the front or back of the sunroof it flexes quite a bit.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Mine doesn't have the sunroof but it does it when only one window is open. We (my family) call it the helicopter effect. When we crack another window it stops. It must be from the design of the window opening.

·
Registered
26 Posts
This issue is common on many vehicles. I've owned at least 3 different cars, foreign and domestic, that do this. It happens because with one window open, the air isn't allowed to free flow through the cabin. The change in pressure or "fluttering" is caused by air trying to enter and exit through the same opening, much like pouring gasoline from a gas can without having the vent on the can open. Opening another window allows air to enter and exit through different openings which stops the fluttering, just like when you open the vent on the gas can. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
272 Posts
i've had it on other cars too but only when a back window is open. The Traverse does it with just the drivers side window open. i wonder if its due to the smaller window openings.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts