1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
185 Posts
You read my mind. I bought Husky Liners for the 2nd and 3rd rows as they exactly match the floor contour with the existing carpeted mats staying in... The only problem for my wife is two-fold: (1) They have drip edges which keep the water on/in (making the entire 'mat' more like a boot drip tray for your house hallway and (2) while these mats are EXACTLY contoured in every way for the Traverse, when they are placed on the floor - they butt directly up against the very bottom of the 2nd row captain's seat frame with the frame in it's fully open and rearward position (there are other 2nd and 3rd row mats for folks with bench seating). This leaves the carpeted floor area on the outside of each captains chair (between the chair and the door) without protection. This is the first place my 5 and 7 yr olds place their feet in trying to climb up into the Traverse. Have not had time to take pics yet as Easter has been quite busy.

My wife actually prefers carpeting and having the snow slowly melt/evaporate in so that she does not need to put up with any splash or swish from one side of the tray to the other when driving...

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
copperbeech said:
But for sure I would rather have these Floorliners DigitalFit that are available for the 2008 Acadia, see here:

http://www.weathertechcanada.com/store/mvproduct.aspx?ItemGroupId=52&VehId=1272&Year=2008&VehOptChoiceIds=601

But so far they arent available for any of the 2009 Lambdas. ???
Okay so just got off the phone with Weathertech and the rep was confident that they would be available sometime in June for the 2009 Lambdas. There was an unexpected redesign of the grommet or something similar from 08 to 09 and back to the drawing board they went. I am going to wait. Looks like a cool product.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I went to a Weathertech dealer today and they confirmed that the liners would be available in 2 months. They had to redesign them because of changes to the 09 Acadia..apparently the traverse and acadia liners are the same. The dealer said they would be stocking them in Canada once they are available. I didn't get a price but will check back with them in a couple of months.

Medman

·
Registered
110 Posts
They also have a link somewhere on their website where you can suggest that they make a specific product. In other words, if you some cool product they make for other vehicles but not for yours, click on this link and tell them exactly what product you would like. I guess at that point it just becomes a demand issue. Ih they get enough of those suggestions, they will make the product. If not, they won't. I suggested several items.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OneLove19451981 said:
They also have a link somewhere on their website where you can suggest that they make a specific product.

I guess at that point it just becomes a demand issue. Ih they get enough of those suggestions, they will make the product. If not, they won't.
I was told by Weathertech that these Floorliners will be available for all the Lambdas including the Traverse.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
medman said:
I went to a Weathertech dealer today and they confirmed that the liners would be available in 2 months.

Medman
We are getting closer to that 2 month mark. Any sign of them now?

·
Registered
34 Posts
I called weather Tech last week and the guy I talked to said it would be another 3 - 4 months before they have them out. He also told me to go to their website and request them to be made.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
wtyer said:
I called weather Tech last week and the guy I talked to said it would be another 3 - 4 months before they have them out.
That's disappointing.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
wtyer said:
He also told me to go to their website and request them to be made.
I called and made the request. The rep called me back and said to expect the product this...FALL :(.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Copper,

Long time no talk! Hope all is well! I know you are hooked on the DigitalFit liners, but I just thought I would let you know that I have had the Husky Liners in the Traverse since April. I too like the looks of the DigitalFit liners, but I could not wait with two kids (5 and 7) playing their way through spring. Glad I did because the liners are really dirtied up. I do agree with all those who say these liners look too industrial or 'truck like' for a Traverse. But they are on the floor and do the job at least for now. These liners are molded EXACTLY for the Traverse. I could not get a better design (unless there was coverage around the sides of the seats between the seats and the doors). Keep us updated. Go Red Wings!!!

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
t4me said:
Copper,

Long time no talk!
I am postin' all the time around here...but the board has been pretty quiet these days.

t4me said:
I know you are hooked on the DigitalFit liners, but I just thought I would let you know that I have had the Husky Liners in the Traverse since April. I too like the looks of the DigitalFit liners, but I could not wait with two kids (5 and 7) playing their way through spring.
You are right those DigitalFits look cool. But it wont be good if they aren't available by October 1st...at the latest. It gets very messy up here in the fall and winter.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts