Traverse Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has been discussed already on this forum but I just wanted to bump the subject and get new opinions. I just picked up my 2011 2 LT with captain seats in the rear and I already purchased weather tech digital fit floor liners. I like the front ones but Im not a fan of the second/third row. They do not cover the seat rail openings and Im afraid they are going to get dirty over time. Im wondering if anyone purchased the Chevy all weather mats and your opinion on them. Or any other brand of mats you would recommend. Thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
When i bought my Traverse, I negotiated the rubber all weather mats that GM sales. They ordered them and they came in the next day. I like them, but they have the same problem that you discuss, they don't cover the rail openings. I asked the accessory lady at the dealership about ones that might and she could not locate any that do cover the railing. If you find them, I'd like to get a pair myself.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I am a big fan of Weather Tech Digital cut mats. Well worth the extra money.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I've heard this before about the matts as well. However, if you think about it, GM isn't going to offer any mats that cover the rails, because the rails are there so that the seats can slide forward, to let passengers in the 3rd row. If they covered the rails, the mat would either bunch up when the seat was slid forward, or the seat simply wouldn't slide forward, and render that option pointless.

What I think a company should do, is offer a mat covers the railings with that broom fiber stuff, so that the seat can slide between the rubber portion of the mat, yet still be mostly covered when slid back, as the broom fibers would cover the opening for most things that would fall in there.

·
Registered
150 Posts
GXPWeasel said:
I've heard this before about the matts as well. However, if you think about it, GM isn't going to offer any mats that cover the rails, because the rails are there so that the seats can slide forward, to let passengers in the 3rd row. If they covered the rails, the mat would either bunch up when the seat was slid forward, or the seat simply wouldn't slide forward, and render that option pointless.

What I think a company should do, is offer a mat covers the railings with that broom fiber stuff, so that the seat can slide between the rubber portion of the mat, yet still be mostly covered when slid back, as the broom fibers would cover the opening for most things that would fall in there.
I've got the Husky liners in all 3 rows (haven't notched the 2nd row liner at all) and find stuff still gets down into the tracks. Nothing a vacuum can't handle with the 'crevice tool'. I just otherwise flip the liner up whenever I need to move the 2nd row seat forward. This is rare as my kids just climb in/out as needed to the 3rd row if we carry some extra passengers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts