Traverse Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Flat tire on a 2009 LT2 standard 18" AL 6lug wheel. Are they the actual lug nuts to put a wrench on or is there somekind of a plastic cap on them? Lucky it happened in the garage.

·
Registered
11,568 Posts
it is a metal lug nut....
And dont forget to use a torque wrench to put it back on... or else risk getting warped rotors

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dealer has rotated these twice. They are so tight i can't get them loose and i have a fullsize cross type lug wrench. I think i'll just call onstar. As i said it's just sitting in the garage. I'm sure they just used a airgun. I have a impact wrench but if there that tight i really don't want to deal with it!

·
Registered
11,568 Posts
note the items in this picture...
the items to note are a socket, ratchet wrench and a breaker bar.( old metal tube)- and used this to loosen all the lug nuts.
The lug nuts are torqued to 140 ft/lbs as per the manual....

and a tire rotation how to...

http://www.traverseforum.com/index.php?topic=836.0

·
Registered
11,568 Posts
nbat said:
Dealer has rotated these twice. They are so tight i can't get them loose and i have a fullsize cross type lug wrench. I think i'll just call onstar. As i said it's just sitting in the garage. I'm sure they just used a airgun. I have a impact wrench but if there that tight i really don't want to deal with it!
theyre supposed to use an airgun with a special tool thats set to twist at a pre set torque.....
But yes- I was a little surprissed when I saw the 140 ft/lbs.....
My trailblazers- and my impala are 100 ft/lbs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts