Traverse Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2018 Traverse that just had some body work done, including replacing the headlamps. I'm wondering if this is normal:

1. Low beam lights on, pull lever back, high beams stay on until I release the lever
2. Low beams off, pull lever back, high beams come on for 1 second and then immediately go off while the lever remains pulled back.

Reading the manual it says the high beams should remain on until you release the lever, either with low beams on or off.

· Registered
12,208 Posts
Well see what other say for 2018s.

But all cars ive driven, the stalk is pulled back and released. It springs back to normal position, but this allows for quick flashing of high beams.
If i hold stalk back with hand, the highs remain on until i release.
If i push forward, the stalk snaps into place and you can let go,highs remain on until you pull the stalk back.

· Registered
4,256 Posts
Normal behavior

As @Catattack600 said, you have to push the stalk forward to turn/leave the high beams on
Not sure I agree. He said the high beams go out after 1 sec with the stalk pulled BACK. Never heard of that before; it doesn't do it on my 2017. On mine, if the car is on, the hi beams stay on as long as the stalk is pulled back. Same on my Mazda6.

Unless the Intellibeam is doing something. 1st Gen's don't have that.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
is doing something. 1st Gen's don't ha
Not sure I agree. He said the high beams go out after 1 sec with the stalk pulled BACK. Never heard of that before; it doesn't do it on my 2017. On mine, if the car is on, the hi beams stay on as long as the stalk is pulled back. Same on my Mazda6.

Unless the Intellibeam is doing something. 1st Gen's don't have that.
So do your high beams stay on even when your lights are off and stalk pulled back. If so, then yeah I'm back to thinking it definitely seems like weird behavior. I looked at the manual, I do not have intellibeam, as far as I can tell. I think there is a special button on the stalk if your model has that feature. Ours is one of the lower end models I believe.

· Registered
4,256 Posts
So do your high beams stay on even when your lights are off and stalk pulled back. If so, then yeah I'm back to thinking it definitely seems like weird behavior. I looked at the manual, I do not have intellibeam, as far as I can tell. I think there is a special button on the stalk if your model has that feature. Ours is one of the lower end models I believe.
Yes. Doesn't matter if the lights are on or not. Even if you turn them off the "auto" thing, the hi beams come on as long as the stalk is pulled back.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes. Doesn't matter if the lights are on or not. Even if you turn them off the "auto" thing, the hi beams come on as long as the stalk is pulled back.
Very good to know. Thanks for your reply -- and everyone else as well who has chimed in.

Sadly there's not many hits on YouTube or Google for something like "Are my high beams supposed to stay on if my low beams are off and I hold the stalk back?" :)

So this forum has been awesome. Going to take it back into the body shop, now for the 3rd time, to have them check it out....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts