Traverse Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Taking mine in this Saturday for its first service...oil/filter and tire rotation....
I recall reading on here to have the transmission reprogrammed or something???....can't find it now....or remember as to why....

Medman :beer:

·
Registered
11,426 Posts
this was for people who complained alot about the way the tranny shifted....
though- I think this was mostly for the early lambdas-- like the outlook and acadia- lots of post on their sites about the update...
But not sure if the Traverse had as many tranny issues with the 09's
My 2010's tranny is working fine.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I just recently had the tranny reprogrammed on my 2009. WOW! It made a very noticeable difference. I'm sure the newer models don't need this.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hm...I do find it kind of lags in shifting to a higher gear when merging on to a highway...seems to just hang there for a longer time then I would have thought.....
Guess it wouldn't hurt to ask if anyone at this dealer has had it done I guess.....???

Medman :beer:

·
Registered
11,426 Posts
others have reported that they simply shift to L- and this gives them enough passing power to be happy....
once in L-- you can set the highest gear that you want to trans to be at...

So you could do this.....
you know youre about to get in the highway---youre currently in a city street....
you shift to L.... a number appears on the DIC.... you use the +/- button and set it at 5.... (maybe even 4)....
What this tells the tranny- is that you want the 4 or 5 to be the HIGHEST gear it can shift into...

so while youre on the city street-- it is shifting from 1 to 4(or 5) as needed.

you go to merge on to the freeway-- you simply begin to accelerate- and the trans will only go as high as the gear you selected...
this gives you more RPM's to make the merging easier.
once youre up to speed- and have safely merged to your desired lane....You can then use the button to shift to 6... or simply shift back into D.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts