Traverse Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the local Chevrolet Dealer to have my Oil Changed. I supplied the Oil (Royal Purple) and Filter. The reason I did this was because I had a **** of a time trying to get the Factory Oil Filter off. I never did, so I elected to go back to the dealer and ask the mechanic how they did it. Well, come to find out, there is a CAM ACTION oil filter tool that mounts to a 3/8" drive that will slip right over the filter and provide all types of leverage to remove the filter. I checked around and found it at Autozone. You'll find it over by the Oil Filters. The Part Number is: #297190 25128, OEM Import Car Oil Filter Wrench. It costs $5.99. Amazon.com also has it. It has made my life a whole lot easier trying to get the Traverse's Oil Filter off. I hope this information helps those who change their own oil. :cheers:

·
Registered
46 Posts
I am in need of a special wrench to get my oil filter off. I did a search on autozone and found it.

Part Number: 25128
Weight: 0.8 lbs
Cam Action Wrench
Description: Cam Action Oil Filter Wrench
Diameter: 2 1/2 To 3 1/8 In.

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's the one I purchased. It works great! For those who change your own oil, this tool is awesome! Thanks Lxc for posting the picture! :beer:

·
Registered
994 Posts
Any chance one of you kind Traverse owners would consider buying one for me (your Canadian cousin :angel:) and shipping it north? I of course could reimburse you with a PayPal exchange :thumb: .

·
Registered
272 Posts
I will do that for you. I am going on vacation thought for the next week. If you want to wait I will check AZ next week because I need to buy one as well. There is 8% sales tax here in NY too. The online price is 5.99 us, so about 6.46 us with the tax. I don't know what shipping will be. I will send you a PM with my email.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I did find a similar one if not the same on Ebay. That might be better for you, there might be an Ebay one in Canada.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Does K&N make an oil filter for the Traverse yet? I know they have a 1" hex on the end so you can use a regular wrench on it. Works great on my Trans Am.

·
Registered
994 Posts
LS WS.6 said:
Does K&N make an oil filter for the Traverse yet? I know they have a 1" hex on the end so you can use a regular wrench on it.
Isnt that a great idea.

It should be standard on every oil filter.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts