Traverse Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if anyone has seen or tried it yet but there is a company called Spaccer that offers a type of spacer lift built specifically to your chassis number. It uses rings to lift in increments depending on what you want. I'll throw some specs below and a link to their site. They claim they can make a lift for ANY vehicle. The price is a bit steep compared to how much you can lift something like a Jeep for the same price but when the options are basically nonexistent I guess you can charge whatever you want. A 4 ring set for the front and rear is $1,176 before taxes.

https://www.spaccer.com/en_US/home/

Lift Increments:
1 ring = .47"
2 rings = .94"
3 rings = 1.42"
4 rings = 1.89"
Rubber pads add another .12" per ring bringing the total increase to 2.37" on a 4 ring kit.

Thoughts??

·
Registered
283 Posts
Sounds about 4x too high for a spacer lift. And are the rings different thicknesses for different vehicles? The spring rates on an Equinox are not the same as the Traverse so the same thickness spacer will not result in the same amount of preload/lift.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds about 4x too high for a spacer lift. And are the rings different thicknesses for different vehicles? The spring rates on an Equinox are not the same as the Traverse so the same thickness spacer will not result in the same amount of preload/lift.
I agree the price is crazy high but they have the marker cornered on alot of vehicles. When you go to the site you have to put in your vehicles VIN# because they make the spacers you order based on your chassis ID. Their reasoning example is that the V series VW Golf uses 24 different coil springs so they need your Chassis ID so they can custom make a set for your car. That being said if I go in and order a set for a Subaru Forester they'll be completely different then a set for my Traverse.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I agree the price is crazy high but they have the marker cornered on alot of vehicles. When you go to the site you have to put in your vehicles VIN# because they make the spacers you order based on your chassis ID. Their reasoning example is that the V series VW Golf uses 24 different coil springs so they need your Chassis ID so they can custom make a set for your car. That being said if I go in and order a set for a Subaru Forester they'll be completely different then a set for my Traverse.
Ok, sounds like some legit engineering is going on with varying spring rates and the thickness used to achieve the proper lift... For custom made parts, no other options available to lift your Traverse I actually think that's not to bad...

The only suggestion I would have to try and bring cost down (very unlikely you'll get enough traction), maybe see if they are amenable to you setting up a group buy on the forum, x% off for a certain amount of buyers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts