Traverse Forum banner

Which rumored new feature excites you the most?

• Bluetooth

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooled Seats

• Realtime XM Traffic

• Mirror Spotter

• Lower Base price

• Total voters
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which of the rumored new (to the Lambda models) features are you most excited about and why?

·
Registered
2 Posts
The Cooled seats and the DI engine!! those are the two things that i have been waiting for for the enclave... so hopefully its true.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Cooled seats would have been the kicker for me to get the Chevy over the Acadia... we live in Phoenix (conveniently located 2 blocks from the sun). Ghat's the only feature I really wanted in a new vehicle that I didn't get in my 2008 Acadia.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Seriously, if the Traverse has cooled seats that I can't get on my Enclave I'll have a major rant.

Admin... where's my rant icon?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I guess it boils down to where you live as to which feature would be the most exciting.
Commuting and driving in Seattle made me choose the real time traffic. XM channel 220 (Seattle) does a great job of reporting the local traffic, but a visual map would be nice.

·
Registered
115 Posts
scotted73 said:
Commuting and driving in Seattle made me choose the real time traffic. XM channel 220 (Seattle) does a great job of reporting the local traffic, but a visual map would be nice.
Real time traffic displayed visually would probably be enough for me to spring for a navigation system. I could not justify the price otherwise. But if it could keep me out of traffic.......

·
Registered
8 Posts
zman said:
scotted73 said:
Real time traffic displayed visually would probably be enough for me to spring for a navigation system. I could not justify the price otherwise. But if it could keep me out of traffic.......
The NAV has saved me plenty of time and stress even though it does not have real time traffic. I've had many an occasion sitting in traffic on the highway or a secondary road and using the map display to find a backroad or alternate route around the back up. There are enough traffic report services (XM, local radio, web-based traffic flow maps) available that work in conjuction with the NAV to justifiy for me. Plus I like the gizmos.

·
Registered
115 Posts
scotted73 said:
The NAV has saved me plenty of time and stress even though it does not have real time traffic. I've had many an occasion sitting in traffic on the highway or a secondary road and using the map display to find a backroad or alternate route around the back up. There are enough traffic report services (XM, local radio, web-based traffic flow maps) available that work in conjuction with the NAV to justifiy for me. Plus I like the gizmos.
My life must be too boring. I pretty much know the relevant side routes to avoid traffic given where I drive. So for me the NAV is not necessary. But for accidents that happen after I leave home/work, I'd love real time visual updates. That would let me know which areas of my commute to drive around.

·
Registered
12 Posts
dbacker8 said:
Cooled seats would have been the kicker for me to get the Chevy over the Acadia... we live in Phoenix (conveniently located 2 blocks from the sun). Ghat's the only feature I really wanted in a new vehicle that I didn't get in my 2008 Acadia.
axiama said:
Seriously, if the Traverse has cooled seats that I can't get on my Enclave I'll have a major rant.

Admin... where's my rant icon?
Just a note here...it's been said for some time that the Enclave was already known to be getting cooled seats for '09, and as it's listed on the sheet for the Traverse...that pretty much means the GMC and likely Saturn will as well. Anything new the Traverse ads will spread across all 4, especially with it considered the volume leader and not necessarily the most upscale iteration.

·
Registered
17 Posts
The rear-view mirror-display backup camera. Wonder if I'll be able to retrofit my Acadia with it someday. I'm guessing it won't be easy to do so.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Most likely not easy at all, since the wiring will all be missing, not to mention the integrated camera itself.

·
Registered
17 Posts
loach said:
The rear-view mirror-display backup camera. Wonder if I'll be able to retrofit my Acadia with it someday. I'm guessing it won't be easy to do so.
By the way, I didn't see this option on the poll. I thought it was maybe "mirror spotter" but I see that's something new on the side-view mirrors.

·
Registered
17 Posts
admin said:
Most likely not easy at all, since the wiring will all be missing, not to mention the integrated camera itself.
Oh, I'm sure it will be a PITA. Wires will definitely have to be run. But I'm bet there's some brave soul out there on one of the Lambda forums that will make it happen! Not sure I'm up to be being the guinea pig but I might follow if somebody can figure it out.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
loach said:
By the way, I didn't see this option on the poll. I thought it was maybe "mirror spotter" but I see that's something new on the side-view mirrors.
Yes, that new little curved mirror within a mirror is the mirror spotter. Basically, it's a tiny wide angle mirror in the corner of your side view mirrors to help see objects in your blind spots. Now THIS would be easily added to our pre-09s ;)

·
Registered
202 Posts
admin said:
Yes, that new little curved mirror within a mirror is the mirror spotter. Basically, it's a tiny wide angle mirror in the corner of your side view mirrors to help see objects in your blind spots. Now THIS would be easily added to our pre-09s ;)
Mirror mods:
Back on the Trailblazer forums, many of the earlier models came without the "mirror turnsignals" like what was on the high-end TB's. On those forums, there was a very well written how-to for buying the bulb assembly, clear or amber mirror replacement piece, and a disassembly and wiring guide for where to tap into the wire set on each door to enable this feature.

I did this mod to our old Trailblazer and was quite impressed with the results. Increased safety and lane changing visibility via a mod that cost about 25 bucks in spare parts.

Similarly ... I could see that this 'mod' could be beneficial to older traverse or other Lambda model trucks that do not have the spot mirror feature and would like to have it. Unfortunately though, it seems that this mod is quite costly, as it would involve replacing the entire mirror assembly.

I see that the heated/spot mirrors that now come standard on all 2010 and 2011 Traverses could probably be retrofitted to earlier trucks, even Acadias that don't have the spot feature as well. It's a safety feature that really helps see along the "blind spots" that are present in such a long large truck.

Our 2011 has these, and although they take a little 'getting used to' at first, I find them helpful to be aware of cars hiding out in the tough to see areas on multi-lane expressways and the such.

There looks to be an aftermarket for these, namely by the brands of Kool Vue ($155 each, unpainted) and Autotrust Gold ($168 each, unpainted, 5 year warrantee)

http://www.familycar.com/store/?Ntt=chevrolet+traverse+kool_vue+mirror&oes=true

http://www.familycar.com/store/?Ntt=chevrolet+traverse+autotrust_gold+mirror&oes=true

And some seemingly OEM solutions:
http://store.ritewayauto.com/autoparts/results/make/CHEVROLET/model/TRAVERSE/type/MIRROR

Of course... there's those who will say "but why replace the whole mirror assembly when you can buy those stick-on spot mirrors and place them yourself?"

To each their own, right?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts