Traverse Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just yesterday the right turn signal and its associated sound is on a fast flash....probably double the frequency of the left turn signal :-\. Anyone else experienced this glitch?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Check out all of the turn signal lights on the right side. You may have a blown bulb.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks very much cruzer. You were right. The right rear turn signal bulb was blown. All is well now.

·
Registered
11,572 Posts
I saw the title to your thread-- and immidiately thought--- blown bulb.
glad thats what it was

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I should have checked before posting :-[.

·
Registered
11,572 Posts
think of it this way--- If you've never had it happen-- then youd never know....

But in the old days---when the flashers internals-- was a bimetallic strip---
having 1 bulb- only made the bimetallic strip expand and contract FASTER because only 1 bulb was operating- instead of 2...

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
This will/may happen too if you replace your bulbs with LED bulbs. Not 100% sure on the Traverse, but that's the way it is with even slightly older models.

·
Registered
11,572 Posts
youe right... on the LED's--- some people had to get the special LED flasher and replace the old bimetallic strip one...

·
Registered
312 Posts
The interesting thing to me is that it flashes double speed when there's a blown bulb just like it used to when the flashers were a mechanical switch.

I wonder when LEDs will go ahead and replace all the bulbs on a car?

·
Registered
202 Posts
andylibby said:
The interesting thing to me is that it flashes double speed when there's a blown bulb just like it used to when the flashers were a mechanical switch.

I wonder when LEDs will go ahead and replace all the bulbs on a car?
Many cars have LED's as turn signal bulbs. All that is needed to support them is a digital flasher that is compatible with LED loads. The analog flashers still work on resistance, which is why they (used to) blink faster when a bulb had infinite resistance (meaning burned out).

BMW's, Lexuses, and Caddilacs have LED blinker lights.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts