Traverse Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a 2017. It was a base model and I wanted to go with aftermarket sound.

I'm running an aftermarket amplifier but nothing crazy powerful and I'm replacing the front speakers including the tweeters. I want to use the stock speaker wiring and tap in at the door molex connector from under the dash. I noticed that the stock speaker wires go into the molex to feed the woofer and then come back out to go up to the tweeters. Seems like it's going to be easy enough to cut those and hook up the crossover from my aftermarket speakers.

So here comes my question. Are there any capacitors or inducers along the factory wiring that I would need to bypass? I know some factory component speaker systems will have capacitors and inducers in line to the different speakers to act as high pass and low pass filters.

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
alldatadiy.com

You have to purchase a subscription.

You can also download a copy of the shop manual (do a search here for shop manual), but it's in a bunch of PDFs, no links between them, so I find that it's difficult to navigate unless you know exactly what you want.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts