Traverse Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How does the ordering from the dealer work and what happens if you want to do a trade in. I know it would take a while for the car to be built. Can someone give me some insight to how it works?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Once production begins in June (I think?) you will be able to place an order with your dealer. Your order will be placed into the system for production which can take anywhere from 6 weeks to 12 weeks. I expect that the delivery times will be less for the Traverse than for the Enclave or Acadia because the Traverse will be the only vehicle produced at the TN plant. As for the trade, that seems to be dealer specific. Some dealers will give you a trade in value at the time you place your order but others want to wait until delivery. Check the buying and leaseing threads on the Acadia or Enclave forums for our experiences.

Good luck.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Does anybody know if it's possible to special order an option separately that is normally included in a package? In other words, do you ALWAYS have to order the complete package option or can you just order a piece of it?

A

·
0 Posts
Colt Hero said:
Does anybody know if it's possible to special order an option separately that is normally included in a package? In other words, do you ALWAYS have to order the complete package option or can you just order a piece of it?
I don't think you can do that anymore; early Lambda's had one piece options, but now most of them are wrapped into packages

·
Registered
856 Posts
I would think that if you are ordering from the factory you could get just about anything you wanted--we'll use the roof rack as an example. Why pay for a package that has additional items in it you may not want (chrome side-steps)? Now, you are subjecting yourself to whatever pricing conditions and delays the factory may impose on such requests. Also, if you're wanting to take advantage of a special dealer/factory financing offer, the only financing offers available to you will be the ones in effect when your new Traverse rolls off the truck at the dealership.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I called Chevy Marketing and the claim was you cannot order a single feature out of a packaged option.

But this could like the insurance company calls: Call 10 times, get 10 different answers...

·
Registered
856 Posts
Colt Hero said:
But this could like the insurance company calls: Call 10 times, get 10 different answers...
Good point...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts