Traverse Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife is very interested in the Red Jewel Tintcoat exterior with very specific options.
If I were to do a factory order, do the incentives (cash back, etc) ever apply and if so, at delivery or order time?
Thx.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Anyone know offhand what the May rebate/incentives are for Traverse purchase (not lease)?
Last month April) in the NE, it was $2,250, if I recall correctly.
The Mazda CX-9 incentive went up to $4,000 from $3,000 last month for a 2009 model. (and up to a whopping $6,250 for leftover 2008's)

Since Traverse sales are going gangbusters, I'm assuming GM may ease back on rebates now/soon, since the company overall is strapped for cash.

·
Registered
112 Posts
When I ordered mine, at the start of April, they said I get all the incentives at that time and, if they get better by the delivery date, I would get those. They can't change the terms from when you bought it and have it cost you more on delivery.

(Mine was built last week, so I should be getting it maybe next week)

·
Registered
161 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Duayne, IMO I think that GM took the $2k off just so they could put some or all of it back on when the 2010's are ready to hit the lots and they want to push the 2009s out the door. I reserve the right to be completely and totally wrong on this. I STILL cannot believe that your region did not have the extra $500 auto show discount the way Cleveland did. Are there that many Traverses driving around the streets of NYC/NJ/Long Island?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Gibby,

If I were you I would call your dealers sales manager and see that they tell you. I was told (by more than one dealer) that if I ordered one i.e. had one build I would only get the incentives that were offered when when it was deleivered to the dealer. I would make a phone call if you have not already done so.

·
Registered
115 Posts
guapo said:
Gibby,

If I were you I would call your dealers sales manager and see that they tell you. I was told (by more than one dealer) that if I ordered one i.e. had one build I would only get the incentives that were offered when when it was deleivered to the dealer. I would make a phone call if you have not already done so.
Like others have also said, that is the way it works. If the dealer said otherwise he/she is lying, confused, or has enough profit built into the sale where they are not worried about covering the changes themselves.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I just read on the back of the purchase aggreement that, if the Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price increases after ordering it, "If I refuse to pay the increase in the amount due on delivery, you will have the right to waive the increase or to cancel this agreement and return my deposit"

Doesn't that sound like they can't raise the MSRP, unless they want to cancel the deal?

Also, I was assured by the sales manager today, that the incentives at the time of ordering are what I get, unless they get better, then I get those.

Do we do it differently in Canada?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Gibby said:
I just read on the back of the purchase aggreement that, if the Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price increases after ordering it, "If I refuse to pay the increase in the amount due on delivery, you will have the right to waive the increase or to cancel this agreement and return my deposit"

Doesn't that sound like they can't raise the MSRP, unless they want to cancel the deal?

Also, I was assured by the sales manager today, that the incentives at the time of ordering are what I get, unless they get better, then I get those.

Do we do it differently in Canada?
The way I read that is if you refuse to pay the increase they can waive it (eat it themselves) or if they do not want to do that they can cancel the agreement and give you your deposit back. So you are under no obligation to pay the increase but they are under no obligation to sell it to you at the price when the order was placed. They can then sell the vehicle to someone else.

As far as Canada and incentives, I have no idea.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I will check with my sales guy as well - I want all of the factory incentives to apply as I am considering having it factory built

·
Registered
201 Posts
Incentives are only good during the allotted time frame, if your vehicle comes in after you will have to see what incentives are available then. This not really negotiable as it is the manufacturer not the dealer giving the incentives.

·
Registered
112 Posts
My salesman told me that those who get the GM employee discount are protected and get the incentive in place when ordered, or the one when it is received. Which ever is better. ;D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts