Traverse Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 2011 2 LT and have a weird question about the installation of an EZ Pass tag ( Im sure its called something different in other states but here in NY it is our automatic thuway toll payer tag). On the inside of the windshield there are several raised black bumps. I was just wondering if its ok to stick the tag on those bumps or do they serve some sort of function. Its a weird question but I wanted any insight before I stick it on cause they are a nightmare to get off. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,043 Posts
I have mine in the dash storage bin, and it works from in there. So I didn't even end up mounting it on the windshield. Its handy to have it hidden away like that, and it still works. BTW, mine is EZ pass also.

·
Registered
563 Posts
My EZTag is placed on the windshield within the dot pattern and works fine with our RFID type tags.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Here in Kansas, they are called K-Tags, and they used to be a nice thick plastic thing, about the size of a cell phone, and would work even under my seat. Now the new ones MUST be stuck to an actual windshield to work, and I have ours stuck right below where the rearview mirror attaches to our Traverse's windshield. I don't recall there being those little black bumps under it, but it works great there.

By the way, Kansas went away from those nice thick tags, to the stick on kind, so you couldn't use 1 tag in multiple vehicles. :banghead: :banghead: :angryfire:.

I mean, who really cares how many cars we used the thing is, as long as the bill was paid. Stupid state regs.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Another vote for the dashboard bin -- mine has always worked great there.

·
Registered
186 Posts
my ez-pass works fine in the dash bin in PA also

1 - 8 of 8 Posts