Traverse Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had the opportunity to "re up" with Onstar?

If so, were you able to negotiate a better deal than the $300.00 they are requesting for the deluxe package?

Thanks,

Bob
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
272 Posts
I'm due at the end of June. They sent me a couple of letters but I'm holding out to see if they call me with a better deal. I am spoiled by calling them for directions or when you have trouble finding an area.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
73 Posts
Unless you use the turn by turn every day I would just get the Safe and Sound package - all but TbT. You keep the minutes on the phone, get the monthly reports, and the safety services.

If I am going to be traveling where I don't know the roads I will get the TbT on the monthly basis of 9.99. 10 months out of the year I know where I am going, the other 2 are traveling and I pay the fee to up grade. It's nice that they offer that on a monthly basis.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,049 Posts
What is the US pricing for Onstar? I think the cheapest pkg in Canada is like $18/mnth.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
73 Posts
12.99 a month, or 149.99 a year - both a discounted price.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
khansen30 said:
12.99 a month, or 149.99 a year - both a discounted price.
The price quote in the USA was $300.00 in the Onstar letter.

Bob
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
73 Posts
bobg1951chevy said:
The price quote in the USA was $300.00 in the Onstar letter.

Bob
If you want to pay full price and not ask for a discount. I have renewed 4 times over 3 vehicles and never payed the full price.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
khansen30 said:
If you want to pay full price and not ask for a discount. I have renewed 4 times over 3 vehicles and never payed the full price.
Does the $249 sound fair for the TBT package?

Bob
 
G

·
bobg1951chevy said:
Does the $249 sound fair for the TBT package?

Bob
I don't think so, but then it all depends on how much you will use the service; it basically works out to just about $21/month
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
bobg1951chevy said:
Does the $249 sound fair for the TBT package?

Bob
If you use the TBT 10 out of 12 months, then yes. If not, I'd get safe and sound and pay the $10 in the months you need it. $149 is the lowest price I have ever seen.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
lewisra said:
If you use the TBT 10 out of 12 months, then yes. If not, I'd get safe and sound and pay the $10 in the months you need it. $149 is the lowest price I have ever seen.
I'm understanding the $149 is for the safe and sound, not including the additional TBT, is that correct?

bob
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
312 Posts
What I'm wondering is if an owner needs turn by turn if they have the NAV system....

I like the service where I call and give them an address and they download to my NAV system -- I use that whenever I travel, which is every week or two. I want to keep that feature no matter what package it's a part of.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
bobg1951chevy said:
I'm understanding the $149 is for the safe and sound, not including the additional TBT, is that correct?

bob
Correct, TBT is $9.99 per month and you can purchase it only when you need it, just hit the Onstar button.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
312 Posts
To me, OnStar is a major reason to buy a GM car and a service I will keep on every car it's offered.

Besides, I'm wondering if anyone saves money on their insurance premiums that help offset the cost of the subscription. It's surely an anti-theft device on a par with LoJack.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,572 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top