Traverse Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just signed on the documents for my traverse. This is my first brand new car ever, I tested drove it, very satisfied with the handling, room and quite. Because the reliability at some website is still shown a 6.0 comparing 9.0 for a Highland, I don't know if I miss the quality of my 1996 Camry I will give up, at 190k it still run great, icy AC.

I would like to purchase the extend warranty 7yrs/70000 miles, I read some posts it seems:
1. I can buy extend warranty before 12 months or 12k miles, the same price as purchase it now;
2. The milleage and starting date is counted from the date the warranty is purchased not the car;

However I found at other website says:
1. After 10/1, the extended warranty will be increase
2. The GMPP has changed policy, it only counted the date the car was purchased,

It means I have to buy before 10/1 to get the better price.

Does anybody know this?
Found one GMPP major guard about $1400 with 0 deduct , is it a good price? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Be aware the extended warranty prices are negotiable, just the same as the vehicle itself.

Bob

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks.
bobg1951chevy said:
Be aware the extended wearranty prices are negotiable, just the same as the vehicle itself.

Bob

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi...I work for GMPP and will be able to tell you that the new prices do come out on 10/1/2010, it is a $15 increase. Assuming you are in the USA.

MSRP (new price) for the 7/70 $0ded is $1690 + $100 to contracts purchased after the vehicle purchase date.

Dealers can charge what they want, but the dealers cost is a set price (and no I can't give out the dealer cost).

Contracts terms START from the day and from the current odometer at the time the contract is purchased.

You can purchase a contract anytime within the Bumper-2-Bumper warranty (3/36) but for the first 12/12 the cost is the cheapest. Prices go up the older the vehicle is. But is you wait until the end of the B2B, the coverage take you further.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
MIC, thanks for the additional info on the GMPP policies.

Having purchased the GMPP Major Guard policy in the past for many different GM vehicles we have owned, we will also be buying one for our new 2010 LTZ within the first 12 months/12000 miles of ownership.

I noticed now that the Major Guard spells out the components that are covered, where as in the past it basically said ALL components except those noted within were covered. Some of those items included glass, weatherstrips, water leaks, etc.

First time I have noticed this new wording and wonder how many things might not be covered because they are not listed, as compared to the old policy coverage.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks MIC, very help. Worth to wait till 12/12

lewisra, I did call, gave me wrong information. Thanks..

MIC said:
Hi...I work for GMPP and will be able to tell you that the new prices do come out on 10/1/2010, it is a $15 increase. Assuming you are in the USA.

MSRP (new price) for the 7/70 $0ded is $1690 + $100 to contracts purchased after the vehicle purchase date.

Dealers can charge what they want, but the dealers cost is a set price (and no I can't give out the dealer cost).

Contracts terms START from the day and from the current odometer at the time the contract is purchased.

You can purchase a contract anytime within the Bumper-2-Bumper warranty (3/36) but for the first 12/12 the cost is the cheapest. Prices go up the older the vehicle is. But is you wait until the end of the B2B, the coverage take you further.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was told GMPP has changed policy for 2011 model and the effective date of extend warranty is when the vehicle purchased not the warranty, WRONG. He just wanted me to purchase now I guess, too bad.

lewisra said:
What info did they give you that was wrong?

·
Registered
43 Posts
popeyelk said:
I was told GMPP has changed policy for 2011 model and the effective date of extend warranty is when the vehicle purchased not the warranty, WRONG. He just wanted me to purchase now I guess, too bad.
That's not nice. The $100 charge, if you don't buy warranty effective on purchase date, is new. Check their prices when you get ready to purchase I found them the cheapest by far when I bought mine.(at 12k of course).

·
Registered
30 Posts
I bought a 10 year/100,000 mile warranty for $1788 for my Traverse. That was employee pricing, or so I was told. What I found out later is that it was not GMPP, but another company. So, I called a friend of mine who sells the GMPP to dealers, and he said that it was a comparable product, so I should be fine. That made me feel better, so let's hope I don't have to use it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts