Traverse Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any problems with the express up on the driver side window. I am pretty sure that mine use to work but after my battery died the express down is the only thing that works. I have to hold the button up for the window to go. Does anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Was the express up only available on the LTZ???? Because I have the 2LT, and don't think it is functional....however I have the express down, and it is working fine....and so is the emergency flasher button :)
:blob:
Medman

·
Registered
4 Posts
My Outlook owner's manual has this info on page 2-20:

Programming the Power Windows
If the battery on your vehicle has been recharged,
disconnected, or replaced, windows with the express-up
feature need to be reprogrammed for this feature to
work. To program the window:
1. With the ignition in the ACCESSORY or ON
positions, or when Retained Accessory
Power (RAP) is active, close all doors. See
Retained Accessory Power (RAP) on page 2-27.
2. Press and continue to hold the window switch until
the window is fully open.
3. Pull up and hold the window switch to close the
window. Continue to hold it briefly after the
window is fully closed.
4. Repeat for each window that has the express up
feature.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Tim. I decided to look in my manual yesterday and it says the same thing. I tried it and all is working again. All the dealer could tell me was to bring it in so they could look at it.

·
Registered
113 Posts
wtyer said:
Thanks Tim. I decided to look in my manual yesterday and it says the same thing. I tried it and all is working again. All the dealer could tell me was to bring it in so they could look at it.
So I am asking....is this only on the LTZ model???

·
Registered
14 Posts
I thought express "up" was only available on the LTZ. Seems pety of GM to only include it on the top model. I can't imagine that it isn't just a software change. i.e. no cost to GM.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't know if it is just a LTZ thing. Since mine is a LTZ I am guessing that it is. When I pull up on the window button I can feel a second little click in the switch. I don't know if that makes sense or not. If it is a computer thing then it looks like the dealer should be able to turn it on.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had a similar thing happen to my 2011 LTZ. I was changing the original battery (after 6.5 years on the OEM) and was using a Schumacher OBD-L memory saver with an external battery. Worked well till I finished the job and noticed when I was removing the OBD connector, that the backup battery had died. Fortunately, the only things I lost was the radio time, MPG and miles driven (on the DIC) and the express up on the driver's window. All other memory is still there (so far!). I tried looking the re-programming instructions up in the manual, but didn't find it till today when I saw this thread and then found it in the manual on page 2-21.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts