Traverse Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My cars engine light has been on but no problems until recently when my 2012 Chevy Traverse started shaking whenever I was stopped. Then today as I was driving my traction control went off and said service stabilitrack and engine power reduced. I couldn't drive over 20 miles per hour. Luckily I was only a block away from home. After I shut the engine off and restarted the error went away, but it still shakes. I drove it next door to the auto store to have the engine codes checked and it gave 3. P0016 p0017 and p0018. Anyone know if I just need to replace camshaft sensors and crankshaft sensor or if it might be something else? Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
11,246 Posts
unfortunately- these are the codes that people get- when the timing chain is stretched.
90% certain- youre in for chain replacement.

Posts show- the job has been done for $2000-$3000

·
Registered
11,246 Posts
hopefully- you get in the 10%.....and prove us wrong.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Guys, I have Traverse 2012 and it constantly giving me codes P0016 and P0019.
Timing is brand new ( new chain, sprockets, tensioners, vvt solenoids) + I replaced all sensors 2 cam sensors and 1 crank sensor. Still get codes back.
I have obdlink MX scanner, is there anything else I can check before I burn dam thing?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts