Traverse Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone done/seen/heard of any tuning available for the 3.6? I have EFI live from my Duramax and was hoping to use the extra licence i have on our new Traverse. EFI live has the 07 & 08 3.6 listed as supported with the E67 ecm. Anyone know what ECM is in the 2010's?

Thanks, Eric

A

·
0 Posts
Not sure about the mechanical part of this, but be careful if you reprogram these vehicles and for some reason an error occurs

·
Registered
417 Posts
I've posts on other Lamba boards about tuning the transmission for better shifting. I'm sure the same could be done for the Engine.

·
Registered
150 Posts
GM has alerted dealerships about non-factory "tuning". If you put your vehicle in for warranty work (read: engine related) and they find evidence of after-market tuning, you are 'toast'. I can't find the link right now, but I know user GeoHawk on the Acadia site linked to it or posted about it. I'll try to find specifics... but you may end up voiding your warranty (B2B or powertrain).

A

·
0 Posts
bigtallvandy said:
GM has alerted dealerships about non-factory "tuning". If you put your vehicle in for warranty work (read: engine related) and they find evidence of after-market tuning, you are 'toast'. I can't find the link right now, but I know user GeoHawk on the Acadia site linked to it or posted about it. I'll try to find specifics... but you may end up voiding your warranty (B2B or powertrain).
Yep I remember reading that as well; it applied to all Lambda's

·
Registered
150 Posts
AA/78U said:
Yep I remember reading that as well; it applied to all Lambda's
They probably have likewise for other GM models as well. Too bad for those tuners that are going to be all over that sweet Camaro!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
bigtallvandy said:
This is nothing new, GM has had this stance on "tuning" for many years. And they cant void your warranty for aftermarket equiupment unless they can prove it was the fault of the aftermarket equipment that cause the failure of part/parts to be covered under warranty. IE if you have engine tuning and you throw a rod, they will most likely deny warranty... but if you have engine tuning and your back door falls off, then they will cover it no problem.

So anyhow... Has anyone seen/heard/done any tuning with this engine?

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
ericdrob67 said:
This is nothing new, GM has had this stance on "tuning" for many years. And they cant void your warranty for aftermarket equiupment unless they can prove it was the fault of the aftermarket equipment that cause the failure of part/parts to be covered under warranty. IE if you have engine tuning and you throw a rod, they will most likely deny warranty... but if you have engine tuning and your back door falls off, then they will cover it no problem.

So anyhow... Has anyone seen/heard/done any tuning with this engine?
Eric ...... you are dead wrong about how warranties can
being voided ..... if there is a modification, say to the engine, and the engine fails, nothing has to be proved .... the engine was modified above and beyond the specifications of GM/ Chevrolet .
bob

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
bobg1951chevy said:
Eric ...... you are dead wrong about how warranties can
being voided ..... if there is a modification, say to the engine, and the engine fails, nothing has to be proved .... the engine was modified above and beyond the specifications of GM/ Chevrolet .
bob
IE if you have engine tuning and you throw a rod, they will most likely deny warranty... but if you have engine tuning and your back door falls off, then they will cover it no problem.[/color]

For sake of brevity i didnt go into as much detail as i should of to prevent nit picking. Magnuson-moss act... within reason, covers consumers for mods/upgrades.

Im quite aware of what will and will not void warranties... so back to my original question... Anyone seen/heard of/done any tuning on this engine?

Thanks, Eric

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
bigtallvandy said:
The only thing I've seen was on the Caddy forum with the W4M (wait 4 me) tune. Not sure if that was on a 3.6DI Caddy app or not...

Thanks, ill see what i can find on that.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
ericdrob67 said:
IE if you have engine tuning and you throw a rod, they will most likely deny warranty... but if you have engine tuning and your back door falls off, then they will cover it no problem.[/color]

For sake of brevity i didnt go into as much detail as i should of to prevent nit picking. Magnuson-moss act... within reason, covers consumers for mods/upgrades.

Im quite aware of what will and will not void warranties... so back to my original question... Anyone seen/heard of/done any tuning on this engine?

Thanks, Eric
A modification, with emphasis on the mechanicals of the vehicle, may and can void the vehicle warranty, in its entirety, Magnuson Moss act or not.

Bob

·
Registered
450 Posts
http://www.trifectaperformance.com/

High Feature V6
2010-2013 Buick Enclave 3.6L (V6)
2010-2010 Buick LaCrosse 3.0L (V6)
2010-2013 Buick LaCrosse 3.6L (V6)
2010-2013 Cadillac SRX 3.0L (V6)
2013-2013 Cadillac ATS 3.6L (V6)
2010-2013 Cadillac SRX 3.6L (V6)