Traverse Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed this engine from a 09 into this 2011 and prior to installation I replaced timing chain and guides. The engine run smooth in the previous traverse. now it runs smooth but with a loud ticking like the VVT sprockets are popping back and forth. I pulled the solenoids and tested the ohms and they all read between 8 and 12 ohms. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
814 Posts
The 08s were known for small oil ports on the timing chains, I don't know about the 09s. I know the earlier years had timing chain issues, most likely due to the small oil ports. Did you use Dino oil or Synthetic? I believe synthetic would be a better choice due to the lubrication issues on the earlier years. I had an 08 with 212K on her, no chain issues, Mobil 1 all the way. If you used dino, try a change to Synthetic and see if it helps.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The 08s were known for small oil ports on the timing chains, I don't know about the 09s. I know the earlier years had timing chain issues, most likely due to the small oil ports. Did you use Dino oil or Synthetic? I believe synthetic would be a better choice due to the lubrication issues on the earlier years. I had an 08 with 212K on her, no chain issues, Mobil 1 all the way. If you used dino, try a change to Synthetic and see if it helps.
I replace the timing chain and guides

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Update.. I pulled the timing chain cover and found the right (firewall side) bank timing chain tensioner is popping in and out making this noise. all parts were new. I don't get it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts