Traverse Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay let me try my best to describe what's going on. 2010 AWD Traverse.

While on the highway...when I really get up to speed (70-80 mph...okay maybe faster) some times it is almost like it looses it's gear and the RPM will shoot up to 6000 RPM and then the trans. will reengage. Does anyone know what I'm describing or had anything like this happen? Does it have a governor?

·
Premium Member
1,662 Posts
@nochance4win, if you would like to send me the VIN of your Traverse via private message, I’d be happy to research for the governor data.

Michelle, Chevrolet Customer Service

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
With a speed that fast (or normal speed for some of us) are you sure that the Traverse isn't just downshifting to try and maintain that high of a speed? I notice quite often, when on our Turnpike with a speed limit of 75, I will set the cruise at about 83-85, and even the slightest hill sometimes will cause the traverse to downshift, sometimes even down to 4th, and the RPM's will increase to nearly 6k in 4th at 85mph. If it only does this at that high rate of speed, I'm guessing that it has something to do with the downshifting, and not an actual problem. See if it happens around 70mph.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Sounds more like changing down at high speed on a hill etc or when towing
But is it accompanied by a loud bang when going into gear? The kind of WTF was that noise?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just a follow up. I changed the transition fluid about 5k miles ago and it has not happened since. Crazy!!! But I guess the fluid was just old???

·
Registered
4 Posts
Okay let me try my best to describe what's going on. 2010 AWD Traverse.

While on the highway...when I really get up to speed (70-80 mph...okay maybe faster) some times it is almost like it looses it's gear and the RPM will shoot up to 6000 RPM and then the trans. will reengage. Does anyone know what I'm describing or had anything like this happen? Does it have a governor?

·
Registered
3,421 Posts
Mosleh: This thread is 9 years old. I don't believe I've seen a Chevy customer service rep on this site in at least the past 5 yrs. Some of the other threads I saw you posted to are also fairly old. You might do better by starting a new thread, describing your specific Traverse model year and issue, and see if anyone can help you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts