Traverse Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi...so my mom bought me a 2010 traverse july last year, a month later it came on the reduced engine power code, and it spited smoke on the rear with fuel smell, took it to the closest mechanic, didnt had a guy yet its my fisrt car, the mechanic washed the injectors said 2 of them were clogged, a month later it happened again washed them and replaced an injector, that time i had to towe the truck it didnt start, a month later it happened again, took it to my aunts mechanic same thing he washed the injectors and told me it was normal because the gas in here is trash (btw i live in mexico) wich yeah i guess but ive asked around and its not nomal to be happening that often, a month later happened again, took it to a franchise kinda grease monkey, they washed the injectors, change the oli and some filters and the truck was excellent for almost 5 months, they told me if it happened again i may need to clean the fuel tank...

i did my google around and find the reduced engine power its kinda normal in this truck, so im hoping to find some answer to what my truck may have since the mechanics dosent seem to have a concrete answer :/

btw the only thing abnormal about the truck is that , it dosent have a catalytic converter, wich acording to the mechanic its not a big deal down here in mexico

anyway thanks in advance for any tip you may provided and sorry for my bad english xD

·
Registered
129 Posts
With the Reduced engine power, are you getting any other messages, such as ABS off, Check ABS system, Stabilitrak, check Stabilitrak, etc.?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts