Traverse Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2009 traverse got towed the other day. Picked it up and was driving home, and all of a sudden, it looses power, and will barley go 40 MPH. Does anyone know what could have caused this. When I got it back in February, my son pulled codes thru the OBD II port, and it showed to have a designated cylinder # 5 misfire. I changed all of the coil packs and plugged, using erideum plugs, and now all cylinders are reading misfire, and is showing to be running lean on bank 1 and 2 at the cats. Has anyone ever experienced this problem before. Any advice would help. Thanks.

·
Registered
11,123 Posts
Just to make sure-- these are ACDELCO Iridiums?..... and not some 4 prong aftermarket.

Also- being a 2009... you may have severe carbon buildup on the valves (sticky valves).

·
Registered
11,123 Posts
You may want to run a bottle of TECHON Concentrate PLUS to clean up the lips of the valves.

·
Registered
5 Posts
If you're getting a lean code it's highly unlikely it's a misfire. Given the fact that it was a sudden onset, give a look at the MAF, they have a tendency to run out of range values when failing, but not so out of range that they throw a code. Usually you can unplug them and run the vehicle to see if the issue gets better, as the ECU will ignore the MAF readings and go to a default air flow table or so called limp mode.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Also, not sure on your '09' if you had to pull the intake for the plugs & coils, on my wife's '12' I don't. But it is possible you have a massive vacuum leak from the intake if you did and didn't replace the gasket or perhaps didn't have it seated correctly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts