Traverse Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 2010 traverse that has harness issues. It had previously been at a shop for trans and timing chain. They didn't pin the harness back down and I think that may be what started my issues.
I have codes for parts that say to repair wiring., I've tried replacing these parts with no luck. I also had a cam sensor pig tail melted.
I pulled a new harness at the local wrecking yard but it is slightly different. All the plugs are there but the plug for the fuse box is missing two pins that the old harness has. I know they continually update parts through the year. Is this something to worry about or ignore? Does anybody know if there were multiple harnesses for that model year?
Here are some pics of the fuse box plugs. I marked in black where the pins are missing and another pic of a number that is ending in 03 and 04.
Any info would be welcome. Thank you!

Attachments

·
Registered
2019 Premier FWD
79 Posts
I assume there are missing wires where those pins are missing. They probably represent "installed options" on your vehicle versus the other vehicle.

You would probably have to track down what those pins supply with a wiring diagram to see if it matters in your vehicle.

For example: I've read some posts regarding trailering options that some vehicles had the wring for the trailers, even though the V92 option was not installed. If one of those pins fed the trailer harness, and you didn't have it installed or need it, then it would not matter. If, on the other hand, it supplied power to something more critical, then It wouldn't work.

-RandyMan

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If I install it can it cause damage to components or would I just find myself short an option or two? Funny you mentioned towing since this does have the tow option.

·
Registered
2019 Premier FWD
79 Posts
If it were me, I would not install it until I knew for sure. Too expensive to plug and try.

Reactions: elihunt8808

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is a scary thought to try, lots of labor involved, potential component hazard, but I've been looking for this harness for over a year. Guess I'll keep looking. Thank you for the advise

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
I know that prior to early 2012, the fuse block was different between tow package and non-tow package models. The non-tow package fuse blocks were missing one of the two terminals that the towing fuses would fit into.

But the wiring was the same.

You don't say what year the junk yard harness came from. I would expect more wires, not less, for a newer model harness, as they usually add stuff, not remove it; especially since your 2010 is only the 2nd yr of the Traverse.

To figure it out, you would need a 2010 shop manual that shows the connectors under the fuse block and tells you what each pin goes to. You can then figure out what your two missing pins are for. You can access this information at the link below for a subscription cost.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts