Traverse Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
I've only been in this forum a couple months but I've seen this suggestion several times.
What is it based on? Does the coolant recovery system not work as designed?
Because the radiator cap on the Gen 1 (I don't know about Gen 2) is buried under the plastic shrouding and most people who just purchased don't know that there is a radiator cap hidden there. It's not unheard of for the expansion tank to be good but the radiator low.

·
Registered
3,820 Posts
Because the radiator cap on the Gen 1 (I don't know about Gen 2) is buried under the plastic shrouding and most people who just purchased don't know that there is a radiator cap hidden there. It's not unheard of for the expansion tank to be good but the radiator low.
But I would say it's usually only after someone has messed with something that has "opened" the system.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
But I would say it's usually only after someone has messed with something that has "opened" the system.
No argument there... when I replaced the coolant sensor and did a lower hose drain and fill I left the plastic shroud off for a week or two, checking the coolant level every couple days.

·
Registered
2010 LT 3.6L AWD
122 Posts
I've noticed each time I remove my radiator cap it gets harder to turn.
It seems to be the plastic threads themselves & not the rubber seal in the center.
It's clean and doesn't matter if wet or dry--i have to wear grippy gloves or I can't tighten the cap that last rotation.

Anyone else have this happen?
Replace it?

·
Registered
2020 High Country
1,001 Posts
At its age a new cap would not hurt. A little silicon grease on the threads is Ok also.

·
Registered
11,876 Posts
Yup... experienced same with my cap

21 - 27 of 27 Posts