Traverse Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone heard of this? I think the matte black roof rack looks out of place on my Traverse. I think the chrome Enclave roof rack would look awesome on my dark blue metallic Traverse, but don't know if it would be a direct bolt-on replacement. I talked to the parts department at my local Buick dealer. He could order all the parts of the Enclave roof rack and cross rails at a cost of around $850, which might be a deal breaker anyway. He wasn't able to tell me for sure if the mounting bolts are in the same place in the roof and there would be a 25% restocking fee if it didn't fit. I pulled my Traverse beside an Enclave on the lot and could see that the roof lines appear to be the same, but the Traverse roof rack rails are longer. Even being longer, it's possible that the mounting holes in the roofs could be in the same location. Has anyone actually made this swap? Any help on this subject would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
69 Posts
bump.

I'm interested in this myself. I think the Traverse was snubbed in this respect. Why did we get the crappiest roof rack of all lambdas?

The Enclave's look simply awesome. I'd be willing to dish out some cash for that. The uplift in overall look would be huge.

·
Registered
248 Posts
8) I looked at that my self and just looking at the roof rack parked beside a buck on there car lot. It don’t look like it will work but I would like all the information if some one gets one to work because that is a sharp looking roof rack.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
The Travers roof is slopped a little different than the others. This is why it has a different system on it. They did more work to the body on the Traverse to pull better gas millage out of it.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Bump.

Any recent news on this? Perhaps the Enclave rails would't work but perhaps an aftermarket chrome one made for the Traverse out there that anyone might have come across? A long shot I know but I look at other SUVs and can't help but feel that GM really dropped the ball on having gray plastic rails. I don't care what the cross racks look like but the rails that are permanantly on the vehicle must compliment the vehicle.

·
Registered
11,235 Posts
Not sure chromed rails would look good up there... or cross rails.

·
Registered
193 Posts
At least they match the gray plastic bumpers...

Oh wait, NOT my favorite part either... (Although I did notice this week that the rails on my neighbor's Outlook are WAY too tall. Glad the Traverse's aren't that tall. Looks awkward).

·
Registered
11,235 Posts
once the cross bars come off-- you cant see much of the rails on the roof.
So they dont bother me.
Once I put the cross bars on- then I usually have something on them... and them being shiny isnt important.

the traverses design isnt for looks.
The Enclaves are.... yet Ive never seen an E with the cross bars installed.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
In all honesty, I don't see why they wouldn't work. AS we know, the Enclave & Traverse are the two most alike Lambda's left, and I highly doubt they would change something as simple or miniscule as a roof rack mounting due to the re-tooling costs. GM wants to use as many parts as possible accross the board, so why change the mounting hardware / points? I'm not certain on this, and myself don't care for roof racks period, so I wouldn't take the gamble on $850 worth of new parts, or even a couple hundred on used ones, but I'd suggest you look online like ebay or auto recycling yards. The place I used to work for (LKQ) would let you purchase the parts, and return without a restocking fee. Give that a shot if you are really interested in this, then post the results for the rest of those wanting to swap.

·
Registered
39 Posts
GXPWeasel said:
In all honesty, I don't see why they wouldn't work. AS we know, the Enclave & Traverse are the two most alike Lambda's left, and I highly doubt they would change something as simple or miniscule as a roof rack mounting due to the re-tooling costs. GM wants to use as many parts as possible accross the board, so why change the mounting hardware / points? I'm not certain on this, and myself don't care for roof racks period, so I wouldn't take the gamble on $850 worth of new parts, or even a couple hundred on used ones, but I'd suggest you look online like ebay or auto recycling yards. The place I used to work for (LKQ) would let you purchase the parts, and return without a restocking fee. Give that a shot if you are really interested in this, then post the results for the rest of those wanting to swap.
Hi guys,
Is there anyone who can confirm that the Enclave side rails will fit the Traverse? (year to year or year range to year range). I'm new to my new 2011 Traverse and have already taken steps to beautify it more (Westin steps, LED visor lights, working on getting tow bar and cross rails once I figure out the rail situation, etc).

Thanks much!
Vlad
2011 1LT

Thanks,
Vlad

·
Registered
11,235 Posts
this has been asked before.
No they will not.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Before dropping any cash on the Enclave rack, take a look at the roof panel part numbers. Bet they are different.

·
Registered
39 Posts
rbarrios said:
this has been asked before.
No they will not.
Thanks for a concrete answer. I was looking for that.

Vlad

1 - 15 of 15 Posts