Traverse Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting an intermittent problem where when starting the truck the warning lights for the abs, airbag, low tire warning go off simutaneously. Also the radio goes off and the dash gages go dark. I see there is a tsb out there that might address this problem. Has anyone out there faced this and any ideas where to start. I would appreciate sny help with this. Thanks john

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
My very fist thought is it all goes away once it's been running for a bit.

You need a new battery. All of the systems are computer controlled and when the battery starts to get weak everything acts up.

Ge the battery load checked.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This issue was spontaneous. Battery passed load test.

All of this happens below.

ABS light
StabiliTrak Light (as if it's turned off)

Then I get a message on the dash, where it says oil life, tire pressure and all the other notifications. It says the following...

All Wheel Drive Off

Service StabiliTrak

Service Traction Control

Service Air bag

Has the the following codes in history, nothing current u0155, u0140, u0194,u0198,u0151, u0159,u0164,u0168

These are mostly communication faults to the dash. I have a TSB# 291242 and 292138 However I cnanot see the fix recommended.

·
Premium Member
1,663 Posts
Chevy_Man said:
I know this is old but did you ever figure out the problem? I am having the same thing but my radio and temp control shuts down as well.
Hey Chevy_Man! We understand you're seeking advice from other forum members and we hope you're able to either find answers here or on another thread. If there's anything we can do to help address your electrical dash concerns please private message us your VIN and mileage. Our apologies for any trouble this has caused, however we're happy to assist in whatever way possible.

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Registered
145 Posts
Chevrolet Customer Svc said:
Hey Chevy_Man! We understand you're seeking advice from other forum members and we hope you're able to either find answers here or on another thread. If there's anything we can do to help address your electrical dash concerns please private message us your VIN and mileage. Our apologies for any trouble this has caused, however we're happy to assist in whatever way possible.

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Hello Amber,

I have had my dash lights go off intermittently as well... I read the manual and I know its not the dome light button... after ten minutes, etc., as the manual tells me. Do you know what would cause the dash lights to go out? Mine have gone out at speeds around 55mph and at low speeds as well. You and I have been communicating privately, so, you should have my VIN. Thank you! ERK

·
Premium Member
1,663 Posts
ERK said:
Hello Amber,

I have had my dash lights go off intermittently as well... I read the manual and I know its not the dome light button... after ten minutes, etc., as the manual tells me. Do you know what would cause the dash lights to go out? Mine have gone out at speeds around 55mph and at low speeds as well. You and I have been communicating privately, so, you should have my VIN. Thank you! ERK
Hi ERK,

I've be responding to your private message shortly. We can discuss this new issue with your dash lights as well. Talk to you soon.

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Registered
1 Posts

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care
I know these posts are older but I am having the same issue with my 09 Traverse. It has 119500 miles on it and am getting multiple error lights on dash. Many codes are N/A.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am having this same problem!!
Electronic Cluster goes off, sometimes on, sometimes off. Hard to tell what your mileage is when the electronic cluster has this information.
ABS Brake light comes on
Says Airbags need serviced
Says Stabilitrak Off/Service Stabilitrak
Radio works, but no sound from anywhere (which means proximity sensor doesn't work, blinker sound doesn't work, among other things) I can hear the radio if I have a headset plugged in the back, but no sound comes from any of the speakers.

I love this car, but this is badly annoying that no one can seem to find the problem to any of this. The battery isn't that old, so I know it's not the battery. I just replaced a ton of fuses, so I know it's not a fuse because THAT didn't work. $36 more down the drain trying to fix these issues.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am having this same problem!! Electronic Cluster goes off, sometimes on, sometimes off. Hard to tell what your mileage is when the electronic cluster has this information. ABS Brake light comes on Says Airbags need serviced Says Stabilitrak Off/Service Stabilitrak Radio works, but no sound from anywhere (which means proximity sensor doesn't work, blinker sound doesn't work, among other things) I can hear the radio if I have a headset plugged in the back, but no sound comes from any of the speakers. I love this car, but this is badly annoying that no one can seem to find the problem to any of this. The battery isn't that old, so I know it's not the battery. I just replaced a ton of fuses, so I know it's not a fuse because THAT didn't work. $36 more down the drain trying to fix these issues.
if you havent gotten this issue fixed yet check the under dash fuse box for water damage. the fuse box is located under the dash on passenger side by blower motor

1 - 12 of 12 Posts