Traverse Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I got my Traverse, these is a cable as attached in the passenger side storage. The sale person told us that it is used to hook up electric brake if I have a trailer with brake system.

Well, I went under steering wheel today and unable to find where to plugin this cable. Does anyone know how and where I can plug this cable?

Thank you in advance!

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
andyh123

Great photo, you just answered my question about the harness. Do you have any idea if the wiring on the Traverse will charge the battery on my pop up trailer or is that something I have to get done extra at a garage.

Thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
I took my 2011 traverse in to the dealer for some cosmetic work on the bezel around the radio and for the carpet piece near the drivers right foot. When I got home I opened the storage area in the truck (below floor level) and I found a long wire. Not sure what it is. I don't remember it being here when I purchased the car. Anyone know what this is? See pics. I hope its not something they accidentally cut while working on my traverse and then just threw it in the storage area. Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
104 Posts
its for a trailer brake controller

·
Registered
11,235 Posts
like they said.
thats what it for.
If you got it... you have the factory tow package.
Most people will never use it.....
Unless you plan on towing a trailer thats big enough and has electric brakes.
In that case you use this cable--- and plug it in to a plug under the dash. Its most likely bundled and wrapped up with electrical tape.
Note that this plug is different from the OBDII plug thats easily seen under the dash on the drivers side.

But then you connect the wiring from these wires to your electric brake cotroller.... someone on here made a HOW TO with pics of location of the plug and how he hooked up his controller.

·
Registered
115 Posts
To be just a little more specific - you have always had this harness and it has always been disconnected like it is now. Nothing to worry about.

Like others have said - you will want it if you ever add an electric brake controller for larger trailers.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Ours was in the glove box of the Traverse when we bought it...

·
Registered
71 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts