Traverse Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had the dealer installed dual headrest entertainment system installed on my new 2010 Traverse. I can get audio/sound through the wireless headsets only. I am out of town and when I called to dealer that installed, they said that thought that was the only way to get sound. I find this hard to believe; surely you must be able to sound through the car audio system. I have tried everything!

·
Registered
551 Posts
I have the dual headrest dvd which came factory installed. Same deal, only sound through the wireless headphones. Not an issue for me, as anyone watching the dvd's does not want to listen to the radio. Not sure if you can have the sound come thru through car's speakers, never looked into... but I am sure it is possible somehow.

If you have small children you can tuck the headphones behind them in the car seat, better because the volume is not loud for the upfront drivers but loud enough for the kids.

The only issue I have with the dual dvd set up is for some reason my nav system will not play dvd's, that bugs me.. but is a different issue.

·
Registered
277 Posts
If the dvd player has an audio out and your car stereo has an audio in, you can plug it in. I have the cheapy dvd players that you strap around the headrests, I used a cable with mini jacks from newegg plugged into the players audio/headphones out and into the LT's audio in.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Tune your radio to FM band. Go to the beginning of the dial and check each frequency while playing a DVD. Mine works at 88.3 FM

·
Registered
551 Posts
1CEIWORM said:
Tune your radio to FM band. Go to the beginning of the dial and check each frequency while playing a DVD. Mine works at 88.3 FM
Cool, I will try this. Thanks! :blob:

·
Registered
551 Posts
I can confirm this worked for me as well. Thanks a ton wife was happy. Not perfect audio quality but still good.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts