Traverse Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm the owner of an 09 LTZ with, amount other things, dual exhaust which for 09 was exclusive to the LTZ (as I understand it) and results in 288 hp instead of 281 for the single exhaust models.

The other day I was approaching another Traverse from behind and I noted that it had dual exhausts. When I got close enough I saw that it was an LT instead of an LTZ. I've looked on the Chevy web site to see if I can find out what models come with dual exhaust these days, but their site is fairly useless for finding answers to specific questions, IMHO.

Anybody know the answer? :thumb:

·
Registered
105 Posts
It was previously discussed here..... California edition is an avAilable option w/ 20 in wheels and dual exhaust, in that state.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm located in Texas and the Traverse LT I saw with dual exhaust had Texas license plates so I don't consider it likely to have been a west coast model.

·
Registered
865 Posts
It could have been a dealer trade from California. I saw one in Colorado on a used Chevy lot a few months ago. But I don't know what its original destination was.

·
Registered
11,572 Posts
Yes the CALIFORNIA edition was a package available on 2009's....
it gave you 20's, dual exhaust, and BOSE stereo on an LT model.....

It was supposed to be a CALIFORNIA only option- as I recall that the dealers had to verify residency....
but from stuff ive read- it seems these were popping up in other states...

this CA edition is no longer available for 2010......

WHen I went to order my 2010- I test drove an 09 with the CA ed package--- I didnt like the bumpy ride with the 20's...

Decided to go inside and order an LT with 18's..... thats when I found out the CA ed was cancelled for 2010

·
Registered
20 Posts
Interesting. I just assumed it would be called the CA package everywhere, lol. Anyone know why it was limited? CA is more restrictive than any other state so I found it odd that we got a high-output option. I like the look of my big wheels but agree with Rbarrios on the ride suffering. I may swap down to a smaller wheel when I need new tires.

·
Registered
11,572 Posts
I could be wrong--- about it being CA only... but remember seeing stuff like CA- residency verification required- or something like that when I was looking into this package...

·
Registered
55 Posts
When it comes to the California Edition I thought it was just a trim package. When I bought my 09 LTZ there was a Dark Cherry California Edition on the showroom floor. We are about 35 miles west of Manhattan so I don't think it was a geographical edition as maybe it has been thought. I believe it was only a LT1 trim it was on.

·
Registered
11,572 Posts
ok, heres the definitive answer... it was an option on the LT1- and LT2.
If it was ordered- for a Californian- it required California Emissions package- and delivery to an CA resident
Non California Dealers- had to add the Residency Override option.... (who know what that did)....
see for yourself....

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts