Traverse Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I have a 2015 Traverse. The Drivers side hi beam is not working, Day time running lights and Low beam is working but very Dim. All lights on the passenger side are working fine. I changed the Hi Beam lamp and checked all fuses. Any thoughts on what to do next?

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Check your fuses again. Don't just look at them; test with an ohm meter or a test lamp. OR - try swapping the left and the right fuses and see if the problem changes sides. I'm attaching the wiring diagrams; you'll have to figure out which ones are applicable to your model.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’ve tested most of the fuses, both hi beam, both lo beam, all tested good. Since the drl are working I don’t think those fuses are bad, they are in the instrument fuse box. I don’t have an AFS fuse. Looking at the diagram I’m thinking it’s the high beam solenoid. Any comments?

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
The hi and low beam solenoids are common to both left and right, so if it was one of the solenoids, neither side would be working.

·
Registered
772 Posts
There have been some posts where the fuse Block is defective and is the root cause of several problems. One issue recently was the member replaced the headlamp and then the truck would not start. He found that the fuse block was loose, he disturbed it in the process of finding a way to replace the headlight. He said that the top was loose from the bottom and there were a couple of screws loose, when tightened the truck started. Check your fuse block for loose screws.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts