Traverse Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Have a 2019 traverse and when I try to close the driver side window when it finally closes fully the window randomly bounces back down and sometimes fully descends or descends halfway and stops. This seems to happen regardless of using the automatic full open / close double press or lightly pressing the drivers side toggle to close it. I tried to replace the master control switch thinking that was the problem but the problem persists. What else can it be? Fuse, some other module, wiring, window actuator? Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
Public land owner
31 Posts
You may need the control to relearn the window closed position. Try closing the window by holding the button even after it is fully closed. Hold it for about three seconds. See if that works

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks @Ordered options. With the new master switch when I use the automatic close it actually bounces down still so can’t even try that and presume the switch is not the issue. I used silicone in the window track in the hopes that would help but didn’t. Is there some other sensor or something else that could be driving this bounce back?

·
Registered
2015 Traverse LT AWD
269 Posts
My guess the power window motor is toasted. The built-in sensor in the motor is gone or the motor itself no longer has the torque to move the window up and down. The sensor senses pressure against the motor, if found it will stop the motor. If the motor itself is dying due to aging, defects or damaged, it will no longer able to push the window up. My other vehicle has the same problem on the passenger side window. I can crank it down but have a hard time rolling it back up. It will quit after going up a little due to overheating. Same symptoms on the driver side window which I had the motor replaced. Don't want to spend money on the old car so it is what it is.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts