Traverse Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 Chevy traverse. The driver window won’t roll up or down. The switch just buzzes. The switch, motor, & regulator have all been replaced and still doesn’t work. U can hear a difference in the sound of the buzzing when U wiggle the wiring harnesses that connects at the door but nothing appears wrong. My window is now stuck half way down. Is there a way to manually get the window up or what can I do? Can someone please tell me how to fix this. I haven’t been able to roll down my window in months. Thanks
Shannon

·
Registered
38 Posts
Sounds like a bad connection or broken wire not making good contact. The only way I know of possibly raising the window is taking off the door panel and removing the window motor so the regulator can be pushed up from inside the door. Then you can either reinstall the motor or use another method to hold it till you figure out what is wrong.

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Check the wiring connector between the door and the car for water. Common issue, but usually just makes the window not work. Yours is the first I've read of a "buzzing switch," so a watery connector probably isn't the issue. But check it just to eliminate it as an issue.

·
Registered
2020 High Country
176 Posts
Something is either binding or new motor is defective IMO.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Check the wiring connector between the door and the car for water. Common issue, but usually just makes the window not work. Yours is the first I've read of a "buzzing switch," so a watery connector probably isn't the issue. But check it just to eliminate it as an issue.
I’ve checked there & no water nothing looks out of order.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I’ve replaced the switch, motor, and, the regulator twice. I’ve hooked up old parts with new parts and new parts
With new parts & all I get is that dang buzzing.

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
I’ve checked there & no water nothing looks out of order.
Did you take it apart? See post #5 here:

·
Registered
2020 High Country
176 Posts
AC parts like the motor or aftermarket ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
AC parts like the motor or aftermarket ?
OK here’s the crazy part...had a guy who is a mechanic (retired) look @ it. He suspected was the regulator so we ordered a motor/regulator from Autozone. Got it 2day & that’s when it got crazy. ... It didn’t fit. It has a 6prong hookup and mine requires a 2prong. So after some inspections and calling Autozone we found that the sticker on the door says it’s a 2013. The sticker on the engine compartment says it’s a 2014 BUT the motor/regulator we tried to replace is a 2012 model NOT the 2014 model. Smh but we R going to try yet another switch making it #3 this go around to get it to finally work. IDK what else to do

·
Registered
2020 High Country
176 Posts
That's when sometimes dealer parts come into play if it was a ''change over model''. Dealer goes by the VIN when ordering parts so any engineering changes are updated in the parts flow. Changes can be in the middle of a model run or year to year even though it is same looking model.
That's why I asked AC or aftermarket.
Sometimes you can research a part on a GM parts site by VIN and get a current part #

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
The sticker on the door is probably the one that tells you when it was actually BUILT. 2014's were built from around July-Sept 2013 to June-ish of 2014.

·
Registered
38 Posts
At least in the past it was common for some manufacturers to use up the leftover parts from the previous year if possible before starting new issue. Ford in particular comes to mind.

·
Registered
2020 High Country
176 Posts
At least in the past it was common for some manufacturers to use up the leftover parts from the previous year if possible before starting new issue. Ford in particular comes to mind.
2x on Ford, experience here on getting the right gas cap on fleet build Econolines back in the '80's, could be a 4-5 year difference what year tank they installed. Arm full of caps and test fitting at the parts store.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well...the problem has been found!! It’s the wiring harness between the switch & the first set of plugs to window motor. YAY! Problem is I can’t order a front left window wiring harness according to Autozone becuz there isn’t one. So...WHAT the crap am I supposed to do now? Chevy DOES NOT make it easy for a single woman not made of money in America today.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts