Traverse Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the last week my driver side seat is making noise and is very annoying. It happens when you are braking, or turning, move, or put any stress on the seat. It is not a squeak, it is more like a creaking noise. Like if you opened an old door slowly. Not sure how else to describe it.

I haven't looked underneath yet, maybe I can tighten some screws? Or wd40 something. This is something the dealer will cover I assume? It does not happen when my wife drives the car, but she hears it too, and it drives her crazy. I guess because I am heavier or because I have the seat all the way back because I am so tall.

Anyone else have this?

·
Registered
11,435 Posts
no creaking here. 165 lbs. and seat is at about 95-100 degree angle

·
Registered
34 Posts
My does something like that also. But I have tracked it down to the arm rest. When I have my arm on it when turning it moans and squeaks.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
wtyer said:
My does something like that also. But I have tracked it down to the arm rest. When I have my arm on it when turning it moans and squeaks.
High heels on the armrest will give moans and squeaks, as well ! :angel:

·
Registered
112 Posts
It's probably the seat belt dangling around down there. ;D

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gibby said:
It's probably the seat belt dangling around down there. ;D
Always a smarta55 in the group... amazing I am still alive :blob:

·
Registered
1 Posts
To the OP: Did you have any luck getting this fixed?

I have a 2LT that I purchased back in August and I am having the same issue. I started hearing the noise a few weeks back when we took a family trip and it seems to be getting progressively worse.

At first I thought it might be coming from the breaks as I mainly heard it when breaking but now I hear it both when breaking and speeding up. Basically anytime my weight shifts in the seat either forward or backwards.

I took the car into our local dealership when I was hearing it occasionally and they reported that they couldn't find anything wrong. I am planning on taking it back now that it is more pronounced and doing a quick test drive with a technician so that they can hear the noise.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Phlflyer: I have not had a chance to take it in yet, however an oil change is due so this week or next week I have to get over there. What I did was lowered the front part of the seat forward a bit, that made the noise stop. Must be something rubbing, or loose in the seat that is causing it to make noise but for some reason with my new seat position it has stopped.

I am interested in what the dealer is going to tell me, my guess is they wont find anything wrong :banghead: It would only take a 2 minute drive to have the tech hear the sound if I moved my seat back to where it was.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Mine has more of a rattle that sounds like it's in the back seat door behind me. Doesn't bug me too much, because I do have the nice Bose speakers which can drown out the noise :thumb:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts