Traverse Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 LT with cloth seats. I might be interested in replacing just the driver's seat with a leather LTZ seat(if even possible.) Does anyone know of any source for a single LTZ driver's seat for a 2010? I find the LT seat just a bit uncomfortable. It seems the seat is narrow and the side bolster height digs into my thighs making a long drive very uncomfortable. I've tried various seat cushions, etc. and they help a bit but not entirely. The LTZ leather seat looks wider and flatter than the LT seat and thus seems it would be more comfortable. My 07 Silverado Classic has the upgraded cloth seats and they are very comfortable, wide and flat. I have a skinny, bony arse so it's not a big butt issue. I guess I'm like the Princess and the pea when it comes to car seats. Any help would be appreciated. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
860 Posts
I would try a salvage yard first. Color might be an issue if you can even find one. I just checked Nordstrom's and they didn't have one.

Best of luck.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,779 Posts
You can buy leather seat kits for the Traverse now. Then you just replace the cloth.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
158 Posts
BigBlueTraverse said:
You can buy leather seat kits for the Traverse now. Then you just replace the cloth.
That doesn't address his seat width concern. It seems his issue is more with the seat width as opposed to the cloth itself.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
trAVelingman said:
That doesn't address his seat width concern. It seems his issue is more with the seat width as opposed to the cloth itself.
This is true. It really seems to be an issue with the side bolsters on the OEM seat digging into my thighs. I have the same problem in my Miata but I solved it with a homemade pad that fits between the bolsters. The same solution isn't working with the Traverse. I think some of the problem is a touch of sciatica too. It sucks to get old with a sensitive behind. :mad:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
417 Posts
Hear hear! The side bolster bug me too! My dealership stated that they would fix it, but I've not taken the time to be without the vehicle for a few days in order for this to get fixed.

BTW, my seat is leather. And it bugs me. So getting leather won't fix this problem.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
"BTW, my seat is leather. And it bugs me. So getting leather won't fix this problem."

Thanks. I was afraid of that not having sat in a leather Traverse seat. I was just going on the fact that they looked a bit wider in pictures I've seen. Oh well. :sosad:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
248 Posts
:) I would look in to if the LTZ seat has the same plug or not to plug it in because the LTZ has programmable 1 & 2 option as well as heated & cooled seats, so the actual plug to plug the seat up may be different. I do not know if it is but I would check in to it before I buy a new seat.

8) Steve
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
860 Posts
VB - LTZ said:
:) I would look in to if the LTZ seat has the same plug or not to plug it in because the LTZ has programmable 1 & 2 option as well as heated & cooled seats, so the actual plug to plug the seat up may be different. I do not know if it is but I would check in to it before I buy a new seat.

8) Steve
I suspect the connectors are the same for all trim levels. The wiring harness for the 1LT/2LT is probably the same as the LTZ, but the 1LT/2LT might have a few less wires. I don't see why this would cause any issues.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
I'd like to swap out my passenger seat...ie, get rid of the manual seat and add a power passenger seat (in ebony cloth!)...what are the odds the plug/wiring is there?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
Narg said:
Hear hear! The side bolster bug me too! My dealership stated that they would fix it, but I've not taken the time to be without the vehicle for a few days in order for this to get fixed.

BTW, my seat is leather. And it bugs me. So getting leather won't fix this problem.
Did you ever take it to the dealer for repair? If so how did you get them to agree to repair it?
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top