Traverse Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So it looks like we're already trading in our '20 LT Cloth lease already (we've only had it 16 months out of our 36 month lease) and getting into a new '21 LT Cloth for less money than what we were paying and nothing out of pocket.
The used car market is crazy high right now & they're paying off (buying) that car to get out of it early.
It seems like a no brainer though.

Especially considering that I'm still bummed about the accident & repair work, which never got resolved btw:

Anyways...the new car has the "Chevy Safety Assist" Package, which used to be called the Driver Confidence II Package, which includes: (in case everyone doesn't know)
• STEERING WHEEL, HEATED,
AUTOMATIC
• FOLLOWING DISTANCE INDICATOR
• FORWARD COLLISION ALERT
• LANE KEEP ASSIST W/ LANE
DEPARTURE WARNING
• AUTOMATIC EMERGENCY BRAKING
• FRONT PEDESTRIAN BRAKING

• INTELLIBEAM-AUTO HIGH BEAM

I'm not too thrilled about all the safety "nannies", but if they're non intrusive....then I won't mind & could be helpful. The car just came off the trailer when we were at the dealer & it hadn't been prepped yet, so we didn't get to drive it. And it's the same car we already have (and have had before) anyways, minus this new package.

So, I really wanted the heated steering wheel for the cold winters here in Michigan. Does that automatically turn on for remote starts and/or you can have it turn on? (kind of like the heated seats turning on with remote start option thru the car settings on the radio)
My guess is yes, but wanted to make sure

·
Registered
2020 High Country
429 Posts
Heated wheel comes on with remote start in my '20. Wish I had it in the rest of my fleet.

Reactions: snobrdrdan

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well we picked up the car on Thursday, and I'm happy to see that the "nannies"/aides can be turned off & not so intrusive....just as if you didn't have them.

BUMMER though: the driver's side headlight bulb doesn't work. :(
Back to the dealer today

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So what settings do you have set that your heated steering wheel comes on with a remote start?

I have heated seats on with remote start enabled, like so in the pic, which "should" enable the heated steering wheel too:
4E7146AF-EF71-4033-987B-624ECDA7DAA3 by snobrdrdan, on Flickr

If I check this box (which I think just automatically turns on the heated seats when it's cold--not just remote starts)....then the seats & steering wheel come on with a remote start:
28DEB2E9-E412-426F-BB78-9E003208EB29 by snobrdrdan, on Flickr

If I turn that off though, like in the pic below, then the heated seats & steering wheel weren't coming on during a remote start even though it's enabled in the remote menu (in the 1st pic above):
6912C58B-4350-4889-9B27-4C662E244786 by snobrdrdan, on Flickr

I forgot what we had on our prior 2018 & 2020, but I don't think they acted like this before (and they didn't have the heated wheel either).

·
Registered
2020 High Country
429 Posts
Seats and rear defog are turned on in mine along with the on with remote start.
Auto heated seats have to be enabled so remote start turning them on works.

Reactions: snobrdrdan
1 - 7 of 7 Posts