Traverse Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I just got of my brand new 2010 1LT two days ago. I noticed today that the silver decoration accents run on the doors and the dashboard are not aligned at the driver side (where the door reaches the dashboard). After observing it more carefully, I noticed that the silver accent on the driver side is a bit above than the one on the dashboard (where the two meet). There is a 5-6mm gap between the door panel and the dashboard, too. The passenger side door seems to be ok, no gap and the silver accents are aligned.

What do you think, is it normal on a brand new traverse? I mean is it just some factory door adjustment, or does it indicate some sort of repair work at the driver side door?

The other thing makes me think is that I received the car with 319km in it. The dealer told me that it is normal and that it was not a demo car, etc... In the other hand my colleague just bought the same car some months ago, and he received it with 39km in the odometer.

What is considered normal mileage upon delivery?

Thanks and BR,

Chip

·
Registered
248 Posts
If it was a demo some thing could have happened to it. I would take it to the dealership and bring it to there attention they should repair it. If it’s just an alignment problem it should be no big deal for them to repair.

·
Registered
551 Posts
while I agree that you need to take it in to be looked at as that is not normal, it does not mean it was a demo! I would ask where they got the car from, in other words my dealer did not have the car I wanted on the lot so they had to trade with another dealer. When they trade cars they physically drive them from one dealer to the other.

If your car was not traded from another dealer 200 miles is a tad high, but if it was test driven a lot on the lot it is not out of the question. 200 miles seems low to me if it was a demo, most demo cars have 1000+ miles. I know my kilo to miles conversion is not exact, just a rounded guess.

Normal mileage upon delivery I would guess would be between 20-150, Mine had almost 300 but it came from out of state. If I was buying a sports car or something I planned on keeping forever and not driving a lot I would not except over 20-30 miles, however 300 did not bother me as it is daily driven.

·
Registered
11,574 Posts
Can you post a pic.... of the misalignment

As for the mileage ...
319Km = 198 miles
39km=24 km.

It is possible that they had people test drive it.
Or the vehicle was brought over from another dealer....

But--- the other option is--- that you vehicle MAY have been pulled off the line- and had emissions test run on it...
I ORDERED my traverse. But when it arrived--off the trailer--- it had about 350 miles (563 km)....
when I found this out--- I turned to the web--- I found someone to run my VIN number-- and find out as much as possible on the car. Nothing out of the ordinary. (not a factory demo- no executive drove it etc).
By talking with multiple people online (forums)... and an employee at Spring hill............ AND the fact that the car was CLEAN-- no dust anywhere or water splashes on the wheelwell/suspension etc.....
it turns out that the vehicle was pulled off the line at the factory--- and had Govt emissions test run on the engine.---- about a tank full....
so- those are your possible scenarios---

If it was a demo (BEFORE ) it arrived at dealer-- it may show up on your VINs history...
By the way- I did receive a $750 rebate for the miles put on for the test....
no complaints from me-- engine is performing very nicely-- (18 mpg combined in city) 23 MPG all highway...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi,

It was actually traded between the dealers, because my dealer in Mississauga, ON haven't got the model I wanted. I think it is from Guelph, ON, 70km from Mississauga, that may explain the 319km.

With regards to the door issue, I just checked traverse pictures in the web, and I found some interior photos showing the same alignment issue - so it seems like a generic issue or I am just too picky ::)

Ref. check the driver side where the door meets the dashboard on these examples from Google:

This one has the same issue as my one, the accent on the door is not aligned to the accent on the dashboard and there is a gap between the door panel and the dashboard

This one has different gaps on the driver side and the passenger side, though vertical alignment seems to be ok.

BR, Chip

·
Registered
11,574 Posts
in the 2nd pic--- it may be normal-- as it appears that the camera lens is more to the left--- and so the gap appears bigger...

I wonder if I can take pics of mine... but mine is black interior----- wouldnt be able to contrast the gap much

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
kozsil said:
Hi,

I just got of my brand new 2010 1LT two days ago. I noticed today that the silver decoration accents run on the doors and the dashboard are not aligned at the driver side (where the door reaches the dashboard). After observing it more carefully, I noticed that the silver accent on the driver side is a bit above than the one on the dashboard (where the two meet). There is a 5-6mm gap between the door panel and the dashboard, too. The passenger side door seems to be ok, no gap and the silver accents are aligned.

What do you think, is it normal on a brand new traverse? I mean is it just some factory door adjustment, or does it indicate some sort of repair work at the driver side door?

The other thing makes me think is that I received the car with 319km in it. The dealer told me that it is normal and that it was not a demo car, etc... In the other hand my colleague just bought the same car some months ago, and he received it with 39km in the odometer.

What is considered normal mileage upon delivery?

Thanks and BR,

Chip
Chip, The selling dealer should advise you where the Traverse was traded from ...... that would explain your mileage.

On the other hand, I have not seen emissions testing done at the factory without written documentation to the selling dealer. I had been with Chevy as my career work.

Regarding the trim misalignment, the trim on mine is EXACTLY the same as yours, not bad, in my opinion, for a mass produced $30K vehicle.

Don't believe any damage was done to your vehicle, enjoy your Traverse ..... it is a fine vehicle. :thumb:

Bob

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the advices, I am a bit relieved now.

I will check about the trim misalignment (I bet right now that the dealer will say no problem and this is normal ;D) and the 319km is really not that much considering that the car came from another dealer from 70km away. I just learned that my car was actually displayed in a mall (locked down) so that trip may also add to the mileage.

BR, Chip

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
kozsil said:
Thanks for all the advices, I am a bit relieved now.

I will check about the trim misalignment (I bet right now that the dealer will say no problem and this is normal ;D) and the 319km is really not that much considering that the car came from another dealer from 70km away. I just learned that my car was actually displayed in a mall (locked down) so that trip may also add to the mileage.

BR, Chip
Chip, The misalignment of the trim is not "way off" by any standards. Will the projected "hopeful" result of the trim alignment be worth the effort placed into the project?

My meaning is this .... sometimes, a "simple" appearing job can and does sometimes turn into a nightmare, like falling dominoes or falling cards.

If your dealership has an individual ( hourly rate ) who works on rattles, squeaks, body alignments, etc., chances are good your trim can be adjusted, if you desire. However, if a flat rate tech gets into the mix, more problems could arise. My observations, over the years.

My advise, it looks good enough, but not perfect ..... I would not tempt fate.

Been there, done that !

Bob

·
Registered
248 Posts
8) Looking at the picture I would guess that when the door was installed it was shimmed out to far or there is a defective bottom door hinge it may be as simple a an adjustment. I would think this would be an easy repair at the dealership.

·
Registered
80 Posts
sure looks ok to me...that is how mine is and i'm a picky butthead...

·
Registered
11,574 Posts
I took pics of mine...
depending on how I move my upper body/head around- it may look out of alignment a bit more or less-
But I think mine is ok....
here are pics I took this morning...

ohhhh- just noticed--- the last image... my Average MPG for this tank so far... 21 MPG!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
My biggest trim misalignment is on the passenger side of the center console. But it pretty much meets my expectations. Don't go around any of the Chevy's with a gap measuring tool and expect smiles. I see similar issues even on a 2010 Buick LaCrosse and a 2010 Caddy CTS we recently got at work (but wow, that loaded LaCrosse is a NICE car for the money!). And, funny thing, they both have a version of our 3.6 V6 motor. :)

·
Registered
248 Posts
:D Mine looks fine. I don’t think I need to get out my micrometer and check any gaps.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts