Traverse Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So like many I had issues with my door speakers not working on my 2010 Traverse. I decided to check for water in the door connectors and sure enough there was water in there. I blew out the water and applied dielectric grease to the connectors. Put everything back together, now none of the driver door window switches work. Too the connector a part again and noticed that 2 pins rusted and broke off.

How can I repair this? Repair the terminal end of the wire or replace a section of the wiring harness? I cannot seem to find any wiring harness parts diagrams to find out if there is a replacement part for this (vehicle side not door side)..

Thanks for your help

Mike

Attachments

·
Registered
11,233 Posts
there are kits to repair the pins/plugs

Its the dealers who have them.

·
Registered
11,233 Posts
I Just saw this...
"For smaller harnesses (door, seat, steering column, etc.), the repair strategy is to replace the harness."
but its a huge kit..
https://gm-techlink.com/?p=10218

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mike. I'm wondering if you found a quick easy fix to this issue? I have the two pins broke on mine. Curious whether the fix to the pins also repaired the no sound issue from the radio.
Thanks.

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
I'd just cut the wire on each side of any bad pin and splice them together with a butt connector. Most of us will never remove our doors, anyway. If you have to remove the door, cut the connector out and replace it when you put the door back on.

·
Registered
2 Posts
So like many I had issues with my door speakers not working on my 2010 Traverse. I decided to check for water in the door connectors and sure enough there was water in there. I blew out the water and applied dielectric grease to the connectors. Put everything back together, now none of the driver door window switches work. Too the connector a part again and noticed that 2 pins rusted and broke off.

How can I repair this? Repair the terminal end of the wire or replace a section of the wiring harness? I cannot seem to find any wiring harness parts diagrams to find out if there is a replacement part for this (vehicle side not door side)..

Thanks for your help

Mike
Did you get it figured out? I’m having the same issue!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mike. I'm wondering if you found a quick easy fix to this issue? I have the two pins broke on mine. Curious whether the fix to the pins also repaired the no sound issue from the radio.
Thanks.
Did you get it figured out? I’m having the same issue!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts