Traverse Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone removed them complety? If you have, how'd you plug the holes?

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
Are you taking the metal rails out too?? Is that because you want to sell them??

The plastic mouldings will still be on the roof, even after you remove the components that make up the roof rack.

Unless, are you trying to remove the plastic mouldings too?? I have no idea how to plug any of those holes. You would need bondo, and then have to paint the roof.

·
Registered
312 Posts
How much you want for the crossbars? I think they're like $159US at the dealer. :thumb:

·
Registered
551 Posts
I agree, no way you can take off the rails too. It would be to expensive and could cause issues down the road. Now if you just want to take off the corss bars, I understand that. I personally like the way it looks without the rails, cleaner in my opinion, as I NEVER plan on tieing anything to my roof!

My LTZ did not have cross rails. However my jeep did and I took them off the day I got the car. If the Traverse would have had them I would have taken them off... Come to think of it, I wonder why it didnt... but it saved me work having to take them off.

I sold my jeep cross bars on ebay, you should have no problem selling the cross bars either here or online.

·
Registered
37 Posts
If anyone has the metal parts that go inside the black decorative casing (why did they put these on if they are TOTALLY useless the way they are??) and wants to be rid of them, please let me know, I seem to be missing them and would like to make my roof rack actually serve its purpose.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Took the entire roof rail off today.. There's no way to make this look decent so I cleaned everything up, applied a nice coat of wax and reinstalled.

Attachments

·
Registered
11,568 Posts
sell the c channels to melmo.... he needs then for his trip....

·
Registered
212 Posts
Re: Re: Don't need/want the roof rails

I was thinking about this myself. Iblike the sleeker look without them. What if you put plastic or rubber plugs in them that were smooth and then covered the roof in vinyl? Shouldn't be any problems with that. When I took off one of my rails I am at a height I couldn't even see the bolt holes. If anybody else does this I would live to see it. ;D

·
Registered
350 Posts
Me too, My TBSS has no roof rails at all, and the look is awesome...

(by the way there's my wife's old Chevy Venture...)

·
Registered
212 Posts
Re: Re: Don't need/want the roof rails

Hey zubius, what did you put in the holes?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

1 - 11 of 11 Posts