Traverse Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a problem with the dome lights not coming on when I open the door. I have pushed and released the dome override switch and it still does not come on. The only way I can get the lights to come on is to push the overhead light switch manually and then turn them off.

Does anyone else have this problem?

·
Registered
82 Posts
the dome light disable switch is actually the top half of the set of dome switches. the dealer likes to turn them off to save the battery.

·
Registered
11,427 Posts
youre pushing the wrong button...
Youre most likely pushing the little knob that pops in and out..
this knob allows you to increase and decrease the cluster brightness-- and if you turn it all the way- you can also turn on the overhead lamps...
but right above this little knob is a little pic of a lamp with a line across it..- you push this button and it enables/disables the overhead lamps

in the picture--- push in/out the part that my finger is actually touching... you should now have lights....

Attachments

·
Registered
860 Posts
Don't feel bad. I had to figure that one out, too.

·
Registered
11,427 Posts
glad youre no longer in the dark...

·
Registered
25 Posts
This was the first issue I had or so I thought . ;D I searched google and was directed to this very thread . My dome works now when I open my doors . On my GMC Sierra I just use the little knob to disable the dome overide so I thought the Traverse's worked the same way . I thought something was broke already . :banghead: Thanks for the help !!! ;D

·
Registered
407 Posts
:happy: I think this is hilarious that we have to put a photo showing a person's finger to show where to push the button. Are we all 3 years old here?

·
Registered
407 Posts
Penforhire said:
You have to admit, it doesn't look like a proper button to start with.
::) I don't know what a "proper" button looks like, but this one is at least labeled, that's good enough for me. pretty self explainatory. However, I have to point out something....on my Enclave I have heated washer fluid, which is a button on the lower portion of that switch, where on this picture shows just the "swoop", so since mine has a button on the bottom, which I was shown what it was by my salesperson, I probably had easier of a time understanding that the top portion was a button too.

·
Registered
115 Posts
09Enclave said:
::) I don't know what a "proper" button looks like, but this one is at least labeled, that's good enough for me. pretty self explainatory. However, I have to point out something....on my Enclave I have heated washer fluid, which is a button on the lower portion of that switch, where on this picture shows just the "swoop", so since mine has a button on the bottom, which I was shown what it was by my salesperson, I probably had easier of a time understanding that the top portion was a button too.
Our 08 Enclave has that as well. However, does it make sense to you that the heated washer fluid button is on a panel of buttons/knobs that control lighting? Always struck me as an odd choice.

·
Registered
407 Posts
zman said:
Our 08 Enclave has that as well. However, does it make sense to you that the heated washer fluid button is on a panel of buttons/knobs that control lighting? Always struck me as an odd choice.
Well, not as funny as my old 72 GTO, where the wiper and washer control is a switch on the dash, next to the lights....so you could say, the heated washer control is kind of a "retro" location. I guess as long as they don't start putting the headlight dimmer switch back on the floor, like in the 70's, we're OK. (always thought that was the weirdest place for the dimmer switch....but then again, 1987 was when I got my driver's license, and all the cars since then had the headlight dimmer on the turnsignal stalk). But back to the heated washer button, I think that's the only place that makes sense....because they wanted a place that's different from the regular washer button, so they wouldn't get confused. When you want the heated fluid, it's a special place to push for that.

But, I would say the dome light override switch is in a logical place.....just funny that there's been confusion about where to push on the button. (there is definitely divisions around it, so it's separate from the main dash, but for some reason people think you don't push on that, but rather push on the dash dimmer switch instead). Perhaps if they had two round buttons, one on top for the dome, and one on the bottom for the washer fluid, that would be easier understood.

·
Registered
11,427 Posts
my 70 Monte carlo- which I still have- had that wiper switch on the dash- I remember you push it to get the washer fluid pumping.
im pretty sure quite a few parts of that 72 GTO were similar to the 70-72 monte carlo...
I think windshields and other parts are interchangeable.....

·
Registered
407 Posts
rbarrios said:
my 70 Monte carlo- which I still have- had that wiper switch on the dash- I remember you push it to get the washer fluid pumping.
im pretty sure quite a few parts of that 72 GTO were similar to the 70-72 monte carlo...
I think windshields and other parts are interchangeable.....
SAAAAWWEEEEET!!!! Any photos?

·
Registered
11,427 Posts
off topic--

the first 2 pics are 10 yrs old- the last pic is about 2 yrs old--- and as you can see I love these gold colors as my traverse is similar in color...
-- you can also see that Ive since had the driveway redone- and changed out the old wooden fence- and had iron gate installed...
The monte carlo stays in the garage.

Attachments

·
Registered
407 Posts
Great pictures, and NICE car. :thumb:

·
Registered
139 Posts
r, that's a killer Monte :thumb:.

·
Registered
426 Posts
We had this EXACT same issue in the acadiaforum almost 3 years ago. In fact, I'm the one that had that issue and asked the forum and we all found that same confusingly hidden button! It's so good to know that, 3 years and 3 Lambdas later, nothing has changed... :)

·
Registered
417 Posts
When I bought my Traverse brand new over a year ago, I drove it home from the dealership quite a bit after sunset. Upon arriving home I wanted to sit in the Traverse and get a better sense of what what where on the dash and in various placed. To my dismay, the dome light didn't come on when I opened the door. It took me 2 days to find the switch. Yes, very nicely hidden. :-[

1 - 20 of 55 Posts