Traverse Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my April 09 Traverse I noticed last week a "protruding bolt" beneath the driver's floor mat ???. It looks like it should attach to something; it looks unfinished. (I will try to post a picture later today)

There was an identical post today over at the Enclave forum re the same feature.

Can you check yours?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Copper, IMO, I believe you have a screw loose. But I digress. Go Leafs. :happy: Oh and I just check with my wife - This JUST IN - I also have a screw loose. :cheers: Cousins forever!

·
Registered
73 Posts
They have all got it, all years. I would imagine it is just a connection point for something underneath the floor board. The floor mat covers it and I have never had a problem with it. Being right at the base of the foot rest it would be hard to even feel it. No worries. :cheers:

·
Registered
73 Posts
May be an option now knowing GM and the coin holder. It is right above the bolt.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Driver foot rest (block) is located at the far left edge of the floor carpet - just inside of the lower trim molding by the front door opening. It's what the driver can rest their left foot on while driving

·
Registered
417 Posts
I personally find the foot rest rather poorly designed. I can't get my foot comfortable there, mainly due to the bulge at the top outside part of the rest. Fortuantely I don't drive that way. I was taught originally to drive with my left foot away from the pedals in an automatic, so I tend to tuck my foot under the front of the seat while driving.

·
Registered
11,235 Posts
I know what you mean- I grew used to tucking my left foot under....
I find the foot rest a little odd--- but maybe ill use it...

·
Registered
112 Posts
I like to sit on mine. ;D

·
Registered
11,235 Posts
here is the footrest and bolt on my 2010.

the rubber floor mat.. hehe-- is a carry over from the Impala... then went to my Trailblazer, and now in my traverse.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts