Traverse Forum banner

does your rear heat/air turn on automatically

9K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  09Enclave 
#1 ·
I noticed the other day in the suv that the heat for the rear turned on automatically. Is is suppose to?

#2 ·
Ive noticed a few times- that rear air (dont know if its reg or heated) will turn on when I start the vehicle--- but I dont know if settings were left on or what... and since Im driving- I havent had the chance to investigate...

#3 ·
I have on several occasions turned it on when I reach behind the center console. All it takes is hitting the temp up or down button and the rear system is on.

#5 ·
The 2010 owner's manual says:

Press the REAR button on the front
climate control system to turn the
rear climate control system on or
off. An indicator[/color] comes on when the
rear system is on. The system also
turns on if any of the rear controls
are adjusted.

Mimic Mode: This mode matches
the rear climate control to the front
climate control settings. It comes on
when REAR is pressed.

Independent Mode: This mode
directs rear seating airflow
according to the settings of the rear
controls. It comes on when any rear
control is adjusted.

#6 ·
Ok, but here's a new one.....the other day, wife was driving, turned off the car, got out, and I was in the back seat getting my daughter out of her carseat, and the rear air came on then....KEY WAS OUT....so what's up with that?

#7 ·
Well if the rear air/heat was left on then you turned the vehicle off, it should still be on when you turn it on again. Kinda annoying when someone rides in the back, then doesnt. I wish the circulator would stay on though

#9 ·
Quantum said:
??? I don't think that is normal. How did you shut it off?
To be honest, I don't remember if I just waited a few seconds till it went off, or if I turned off the rear rotary switch, but it went off. I'm now turning off the climate control before shutting off the vehicle, just in case....this could be something that's causing many people's dead batteries on their Lambdas.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.