Traverse Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. About a week ago I started noticing a large coolant deposit on the garage floor. I did some reading on here for coolant leaks and saw that the water pump is a common issue. Do these pics look like a bad pump? And if so, should I order the OE one from rockauto or is the delco replacement ok?

Product Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel

Tire Shoe Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle

Automotive tire Grey Automotive design Wood Bicycle part

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I’m 90% sure it’s coolant. Garage smells like antifreeze and coolant keeps needing topped off. I have been using regular green prestone for the last couple of years.

I went ahead and ordered a new pump, belt, and hoses about an hour ago. I live at the end of about a mile of gravel road. That might explain the dark color. Also, pic was taken about 20 minutes after getting home from driving it, so it was still wet.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I ordered the $73 delco one pictured in my first post. Description says “does not include bolts; includes new bolts”. Pictures showed bolts so I’m hoping they come with it. If not I’ll get new.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It did come with 6 bolts and 4 studs. Note sure what to do with the studs. Got everything off and removed pulley. Looks like coolant inside the pulley so I’m sure the shaft seal was leaking. After I pulled the pump off, went to remove what looked like the gasket and ended up cutting my thumb on the thin metal gasket/shim. Awesome.

Font Handwriting Material property Pattern Monochrome

Automotive tire Tread Motor vehicle Alloy wheel Rim

Automotive tire Bicycle part Gear Wood Rim

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Automotive lighting Tread

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive fuel system Automotive exhaust

Body jewelry Jewellery Asphalt Circle Road surface

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well, after jacking up the driver’s side and looking around underneath, turns out the clamp is right there. Easy enough.

got it all back together, and so far, knock on wood, no leaks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts