Traverse Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sorry if it was already answered somewhere... but before I order a full size rim, will it fit in place of the donut?

thanks,

Chris

·
Registered
11,235 Posts
interesting question..
But im going to guess no.

The standard traverse gets NO doughnut spare.
Order separately or get the tow package- and you get a spare doughnut....
Youd think that the tow package would get you a full size spare--- but it does not.
I have not seen the mechanism for raising or lowering the spare either... is it a winch?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes, my 1LT came with the spare doughnut

I also have the trailering package but, it's still a doughnut.

Yes, I did not try it yet but it looks like it's the same concept as my Xterra.... you just lower the tire via a bolt located in the trunk storage compartment. In my X, it's chain that lowers the tire down.

I called the dealership and the guy that answered at the parts department said "well it's a new car so I'm not sure." huh?... the 2010s either are or will be on the lot soon.. come on!

I remember when I bought the car they showed me a list of all their machanics... and their years of experience ranging from 2 - 30 or 40 :) ... you would think that my question was a simple one. I guess I can call again later & ask ... hopefully getting someone else.

·
Registered
11,235 Posts
im thinking the area where the spare doughnut sits---is designed specifically for a tire the size of the doughnut...
Anything bigger will not fit-- will ve bery visible--- or would require significant mods. let us know.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts