Traverse Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So on the Enclave forum I replied to a question they had on car seats/infants. I also suggested the 'changing table' in their Enclave (since they had a 'rare' 8 seater).
Ive had 2 Enclave owners post that its a wonderful idea- (though their grandkids are past that age)....
So I figured Id add the pic and description for anyone here who has little kids that need to be changed- or are expecting....
This is on my seating for 8 traverse. I dont know if the captains chairs are as wide...
But by flipping down the seat-backs on either sides of the 2nd row-- you end up with a very nice flat changing table.
I have Canvasback on the back of my seats- so getting them dirty is an easy cleanup if it were to happen. (in case your baby goes pee-pee while being changed).
But this is ideal if you really need to change the little ones on a road trip, at the store (and you dont want to use the store changing tables) etc.
For me- the pic was taken while on a trip to Costco. (we had family visit us- and they too loved the feature of flipping down the seats to change their kid).
(if someone is sitting in the 3rd row- the other part of the seat can also be folded down to allow you to change the babies- while youre seated- or they can sit in 3rd while child is laying in front of them on the 2nd row----
various configurations can be done- depending on how many passengers- and weather conditions..
You know- do you want to change the diaper while its raining- and you standing like the pic below-
But we have found this to be a wonderful 'hidden' feature in the Traverse.

·
Registered
407 Posts
What I wrote on the Acadia forum:

Our youngest daughter was 2 when we got the Enclave so we haven't been able to use your described feature. However, I do remember my wife changing one of our daughters in the trunk of our other car...LOL...so this would be much nicer, even I was a little embarrassed she was doing it in the trunk, just didn't look right, but people with kids will understand, anywhere you have to "do the deed" you will use whatever means available at the time.

I have noticed that there are more discussions concerning kids, carseats, etc. on this forum and the Traverse Acadia forum, compared to the Enclave forum. Even we, who have a 7 and 4 year old, are in the younger minority over at the Enclave forum. That's one reason I enjoy all the Lambda forums, there's different audiences and I will find interesting things on all of them.

·
Registered
11,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I also noticed that more Enclave owners- will not do their oil changes/tire rotations- as compared to Acadia/Traverse...
And that the people who replied on the Enclave- were grandparents I think.

·
Registered
865 Posts
I used to own a Buick and I'm not a grandpa! ;D

·
Registered
407 Posts
rbarrios said:
I also noticed that more Enclave owners- will not do their oil changes/tire rotations- as compared to Acadia/Traverse...
And that the people who replied on the Enclave- were grandparents I think.
True, but the reason I don't do those, oil changes and tire rotations, is because of several reasons:

1. Not mechanically inclined
2. I would rather go and spend a few bucks and have it done fast, then mess around with it getting dirty
3. Don't want to mess around disposing of the old oil
4. I would be afraid I would break something, and void the warranty.
5. The quick oil change places check a number of things, and they do this everyday, so they are more skilled.
6. We have the means to pay for things like oil changes, if we didn't....I would not be driving a new vehicle.

·
Registered
11,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Toddzilla67 said:
I used to own a Buick and I'm not a grandpa! ;D
hehe-- my sis has a buick lucerne- and hes not a grandma- shes only 33.. but if she ever has kids- I know shes love this feature...

·
Registered
23 Posts
I've used my car for this exact purpose... now i dont have the bench in the middle, i have the captains chairs... still works... still folds flat and even so you can do what you need to do.... :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Problem comes in when you have two in child seats. We have the captains chairs as well, which works well for people to get in the 3rd row without removing the baby / toddler seats. We have been using the back to change diapers :)

Cal

·
Registered
407 Posts
I tell you what....I would never go anywhere with a young baby AND two others in car seats, on a daily basis. (sorry, guess you just said 2 in seats, not 2 plus a baby, webtoker....) Of course, there's the occasional trip to see parents, relatives, etc.....but when our kids were little babies, we rarely left the house for long periods between trips. It's funny, I really don't remember but only a couple occasions where we needed to change a diaper in a car. Usually would do that before we left, and would take care of it where we ended up, but again....not at a store. My wife does the grocery shopping etc., and since I stay home with the kids, I just would still stay with them while she went to the store, when they were real little. (we've saved a lot of money having her do the shopping, I won't put up with looking at lables, or coupons...so she takes on that task) Also a little bit of being nervous that they get sick from being in public, or just that it's easy not taking them to the store if one of us can stay at home with them. Everyone's situation is different, and I realize some can't help but cart kids all over, but for me....un uh....too much of a hassle. I'm only now starting to take my kids more places, by myself, since they are 7 and 4....but before that, avoided any public place with them by myself. Now, the 4 year old is 100% potty trained, and loves to have to use the public restrooms, for which that's my wife's duty, since they are girls....unless it's one of those "family" restrooms, like at Mcdonalds playland...that's a little different. Once she's a little older and can do everything herself, will make it even easier to take them places. (wow...really got off on a tangent there...sorry) Just a little forcast for rbarrios to look forward to.

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
On our last trip to Florida with our Ford Focus, before we got the Traverse, a couple of times we had to change our daughter ON TOP of the trunk. The car was fully loaded with stuff, so there was no other room. We would just find a secluded area in the parking lot to do the deed. Sometimes you have to do what you have to do. Nice hidden feature though!! I can see using this down the road.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts