Traverse Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any suggestions for a new DIY’er wanting to black out the Bow ties/Grille/Rims for a 2020 traverse? I was told to use plasti dip but I have a lot of ground to cover for doing the project. Was going to let the dealership do it but to have everything done would have been well over a grand. Also advice on removing dealership and LT emblems?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Replaced all emblems, lettering and chrome grill with black Chevy parts on my '19 High Country. A LOT of elbow grease, research on removing front bumper cover and a weekend were used up. Also a bit of $$$. Personally wouldn't let a dealership near my ride, but that's just me...

As far as removing lettering & dealership badge - a hair dryer, dental floss and goo gone were the main tools I used. Those and a lot of patience and time so as not to scratch anything. Bowties replaced with front grill and rear black chrome liftgate applique.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Go to dipyourcar.com I just ordered a kit from there and am in the process of doing some body touch up and blacking out my traverse completely. Got a satin black gloss plast dip kit for my wheels and will be getting more for my chrome trim. Gonna completely black out the bow ties, and just got black out vinyl for the head and tail lights from rvinyl.com, will look just as good and cost WAY less

1 - 4 of 4 Posts