Traverse Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am looking to unplug/disconnect OnStar completely from vehicle. We do not use it at all but I don’t like the fact that it’s also constantly track in your position. I believe in consumer privacy or at least having a choice in the matter.
On both the positive and negative terminals on the battery there is a small wire plugs in one wire is a red and white wire and the other one is he was black and purple or green and purple but I am plug those thinking they were the OnStar and give me a check engine light. I haven’t got a chance to see what the code is yet. edit okay this can’t be the wire because I am still able to call OnStar with them unplugged.*

Is this wire for the OnStar, or it locates somewhere else, or is there a fuse that can be removed?

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
I can't speak to the Gen 2's, but on the Gen 1's, it's powered by an in-line 10a fuse (apparently located in the battery compartment). The fuse feeds the Vehicle Communications Interface Module (VCIM), which is located "in the passenger compartment, behind the left rear interior body panel" (i.e., where the jack is located).

If you can't find the fuse, maybe you can find the VICM and pull all the plugs off of it. The Gen 1 version has 2 multi-pin connectors, a coax connector to the radio antenna (which may kill your radio), and some other kind of connector to the Wireless Communication Interface Antenna-Bluetooth. Just pulling the fuse may also kill your radio.

See attached schematic.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts